Increased number of All in's preflop in tournaments

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls and micros tourneys,people can afford to lost their money,so they have more courage to go preflop all in.
And i guess if you know your limit,you know your gasme plan then.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For practice and to get to know what it feels like...fold your AA, fold KK..AK,AQ...and learn how to play without using them. Try maximizing your worst hands..72, 38...using bluffs, bets and strategy. You'll appreciate playing better rather than depending upon your cards to do the heavy lifting. Hope to see you in a CC game or two! Good luck;)
As an afterthought, learn PokerStove cold...memorize all percentages on preflop hands you hold..this takes dedication. I've been doing all of the above for a while now and have a long way to go yet.

Last edited:
pendulabgd

pendulabgd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For practice and to get to know what it feels like...fold your AA, fold KK..AK,AQ...and learn how to play without using them. Try maximizing your worst hands..72, 38...using bluffs, bets and strategy. You'll appreciate playing better rather than depending upon your cards to do the heavy lifting. Hope to see you in a CC game or two! Good luck;)
As an afterthought, learn PokerStove cold...memorize all percentages on preflop hands you hold..this takes dedication. I've been doing all of the above for a while now and have a long way to go yet.
I think that I know what you are trying to say but mate I'm actually trying to win in the poker not lose :)
But yes the hardest thing in poker is to fold premium hands when you know that you are beaten. I don't have problem to fold good hands, no really I don't and I won so many times against the players who couldn't fold Premium hands even though they knew that they are beaten but still they called (for example he had AA and at the table was 6 7 9 10 J, 4 cards were spades and he didn't have spade, I go allin he called - so str8 and flush with one card, he knew that he was beaten for sure but he couldn't fold AA) and that happened to me every single time when I play poker.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that I know what you are trying to say but mate I'm actually trying to win in the poker not lose :)
Fair enough. At 888 they have these "Hand of the Day" cash games where if you win with 27 as your hole cards post flop three times then you are entered into a free roll with a possible bonus. Here is one place where you can work 27 into a winning hand. They also have AK, AQ..these are cash games which include the SNAP variation. This area is a more reasonable place to experiment. You may see me there sometimes after 2000 EDT.
Good luck!

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't waste your time on multi-table sit & go tournaments for 2 and 10 cents. there is a too rapid increase of the blinds and cheap entry make push-fold are quite natural strategy. You are just wasting your time, it is too likely that your good cards will lose to random ones.

On micro-limits, it is more profitable for you to play cheap single-table tournaments, or play cash, zoom poker, until you get a bankroll to more expensive and moderately adequate tournaments. Good luck:)

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why u dislike all in preflop is because of u fear to lose buy-in fee. Until one day your bankrolls are great, u will understand why they prefer all in preflop.

pendulabgd

pendulabgd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why u dislike all in preflop is because of u fear to lose buy-in fee. Until one day your bankrolls are great, u will understand why they prefer all in preflop.

So you are one of them, right?
It's not because of the bankroll it's up to the playing game the right way and creating good and useful habits that you can use in the other tournaments. It's like I'm playing zynga/Facebook poker where players will call with 72o. That's not interesting when you can't use any strategy, you can't bluff ... So ofc that I'll dislike.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've just started playing the different formats of the GG micro's and am learning to navigate the site's games. The "All-in or Fold" game (for instance) can be used to test the concepts provided in the "Math of Poker [Chen]" in Ch. 12. In the 2015 MIT poker OCW there is a good lecture outlining preflop play as well.
Anyway, this AoF format is a good adjunct to HU situations wherever they may happen...and you can choose either Omaha and Holdem (multi-tabling both versions simultaneously can be a bit of a mind-bender though :D)