Increased number of All in's preflop in tournaments

pendulabgd

pendulabgd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Help!
I'm playing low cost entry tournaments, sit and go's and freerolls and in every game that I played every time someone goes all in pre flop, sometimes 3,4 or 5 of them go all in. And that's going almost through whole game, all the time all in pre flop.
Today I played sit and go, 0.10c entry 460 players (or something like that m) I got AA in first hand of the tournament, UTG raised all in, I was low Jack and I called ofc and then 3 players called behind. I lost ofc and I really don't know how to play that, I tried to be patient but ante and blinds make my stack funny so they call me just for fun with 72os, because they can, if they lose its like less than 5% of their chip stack.
Does anyone have idea what to do?

M

markmu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Help!
I'm playing low cost entry tournaments, sit and go's and freerolls and in every game that I played every time someone goes all in pre flop, sometimes 3,4 or 5 of them go all in. And that's going almost through whole game, all the time all in pre flop.
Today I played sit and go, 0.10c entry 460 players (or something like that m) I got AA in first hand of the tournament, UTG raised all in, I was low Jack and I called ofc and then 3 players called behind. I lost ofc and I really don't know how to play that, I tried to be patient but ante and blinds make my stack funny so they call me just for fun with 72os, because they can, if they lose its like less than 5% of their chip stack.

Well, that's probably simply because the potential loss in freerolls or tournaments is very small with such a small buy in. The people may play many tournaments at the same time and in some tournaments they just go all in at the beginning. There's not really anything you can do if you want to continue playing these tournaments.

pendulabgd

pendulabgd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, that's probably simply because the potential loss in freerolls or tournaments is very small with such a small buy in. The people may play many tournaments at the same time and in some tournaments they just go all in at the beginning. There's not really anything you can do if you want to continue playing these tournaments.
I was thinking about the same thing but then I registered spin and go 1$,
The first move was all in again.
So basically I have to play tournaments that have larger buyin in order to avoid those stupid plays. It's not in the freerolls only, I play one per day and I play at least 5 tournaments but buy in is 0.10c and again the same thing.
I never played tournament that buyin is higher than 5$ and that was tournament ticket won in the satellite, that's why I'm asking.

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe one day it will happen ... but lately I feel that the system is against me ... I am talking about online poker sites, there are hands and situations that sometimes make me doubt ... someone who illuminates in the middle of the darkness of poker that overwhelms me today ... when I speak of doubts I mean plays with very high percentages of success taking into account all or almost all the parameters studied for years !!! ha I am stunned and angry I think they are moments

M

markmu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking about the same thing but then I registered spin and go 1$,
So basically I have to play tournaments that have larger buyin in order to avoid those stupid plays. It's not in the freerolls only, I play one per day and I play at least 5 tournaments but buy in is 0.10c and again the same thing.
I never played tournament that buyin is higher than 5$ and that was tournament ticket won in the satellite, that's why I'm asking.

I would say that 1$ isn't much for the majority. You have to keep in mind that a lot of people just playing for fun. They don't care about loosing 1 $ here and there.
Don't know if 5$ is already high enough. I have the same problem that there are always people going all in or just playing ridiculous.
The motto is: You get what you pay for:p

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like you are playing in some good games. Just wait until you have good enough hands to call and do not worry about the bad beats.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Help!
I'm playing low-cost entry tournaments, sit and go's and freerolls and in every game that I played every time someone goes all-in pre-flop, sometimes 3,4 or 5 of them go all in. And that's going almost through the whole game, all the time all in pre-flop.
Today I played sit and go, 0.10c entry 460 players (or something like that m) I got AA in the first hand of the tournament, UTG raised all in, I was low Jack and I called ofc and then 3 players called behind. I lost ofc and I really don't know how to play that, I tried to be patient but ante and blinds make my stack funny so they call me just for fun with 72os, because they can, if they lose it's like less than 5% of their chip stack.
Does anyone have an idea of what to do?
If they donk out with 10 cents they will just re reg for another 460.
freerolls are frequented by cheating scum bags with multiple accounts who don't even have the common decency to change their name and only add a number

In short bingo players are going to bingo ..

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a lot of this all over, but certain rooms are worse, as well as certain games.
Personally, I think this is an advantage for better players. Yes you will get bad beats but more often than not you will overcome if you play well.

For example I play the freerolls on 888 and I get in the money about 50% of the games I play.

T

tatalarata

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obv you cant fold AA preflop. The fact that you are seeing this nonsense shoves with just about any 2 should be good for you, just be patient and play your best hands hard.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Play just like the others do it.When there were freerolls everyday,most of the players started with all in.That was a successful tactic considering the lost time.It s not the same to be out 1 min after the start and be out just before bubble.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I played sit and go, 0.10c entry 460 players

Hey dude, the prize for the 1st place in such tournament is maybe something around $5-10, the chance to win it is 1:460, you've paid 10 cents and this tourney will last approx 1 hour or more.

SO assuming it all, you have trashy chances to win $10 during an hour of such tourney... Girl who cleans floors in our company earns $10 for cleaning dust and she makes these $10 during 1-1,5 hours, then she goes to our neighbor company and does it there but earns a bit more, cause they have more space... She will earn $10 for doing something useful, her chances to earn money are 100%... your chances to earn something in such "micro" poker are close to nothing and during this time you're not doing anything useful for the society and for yourself.

Take care.:call2:

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just a bad beat. If I have AA preflop I would call too. Bad beat can happen even on late phase of tournament.

And regarding spin and go, if I have AA I will all-in too if I play micro. The reason is because my enemy will thing I'm either bluffing or have premium hands.

Some of the time, someone will call, if I win I'm happy, If I lose, it's bad beat and move on.

N

ndarragh91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This is pretty much it. You're always going to come up against someone who doesn't care about losing a few cents.

pendulabgd

pendulabgd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey dude, the prize for the 1st place in such tournament is maybe something around $5-10, the chance to win it is 1:460, you've paid 10 cents and this tourney will last approx 1 hour or more.

SO assuming it all, you have trashy chances to win $10 during an hour of such tourney... Girl who cleans floors in our company earns $10 for cleaning dust and she makes these $10 during 1-1,5 hours, then she goes to our neighbor company and does it there but earns a bit more, cause they have more space... She will earn $10 for doing something useful, her chances to earn money are 100%... your chances to earn something in such "micro" poker are close to nothing and during this time you're not doing anything useful for the society and for yourself.

Take care.:call2:

Yeah, I wish to have the citizenship of your country. You can't compare us, there is other side of the coin. In my country average salary is 350-400 euros per month and available jobs are store seller or storage facility workhorse. Any job that is nicer with higher salary (higher like 500 euros) are via ruling party and its scares. I'm going every 6 months out of my country to work and return during the winter but this covid bs made me to stay and I'll be without a job starting June 1st until 1st of March next year when I go out again. So your view of time and money are completely different from me simply because we live in different countries.
I even can't deposit directly, I have to deposit to neteller first then from neteller to skrill in order to avoid the gambling question and then from skrill I can deposit. And I can't deposit larger amounts to avoid anything.

Regards.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I understand it is frustrating, but if you're getting it all in with AA, even against multiple opponents, you are doing the right thing. Getting it in good doesn't mean you are always going to win, but it means the odds are in your favour and if you do that enough, you will win more than your fair share of hands and tournaments.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I can say is low buy ins and freerolls you can't bluff as there are way too many loose players whereas high stake games you can bluff and you won't find many loose players as they will play tight.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking about the same thing but then I registered spin and go 1 $,
I never played tournament that buyin is higher than $ 5 and that was a tournament ticket won in the satellite, that's why I'm asking.
Everything you play (MTT for 10 cents and especially backs) are very dispersive disciplines so don’t rely on your opponents for a tight game! The main thing is to try not to fall into tilt and play your game! Success will come most importantly play correctly!

pendulabgd

pendulabgd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything you play (MTT for 10 cents and especially backs) are very dispersive disciplines so don’t rely on your opponents for a tight game! The main thing is to try not to fall into tilt and play your game! Success will come most importantly play correctly!

That's what I thought to continue to do, just to keep playing the right way and reward will come sooner or later for sure. I was just frustrated because I was waiting for the right hand and avoiding to enter that coin flip right from the get go and when I finally got best hand, dudes with nothing won because of the flop. I always try to play the right way but when you play against players who gamble then logic goes through the window. I can only play when the odds are in my favour if I want to continue to play tournaments with small entry fee.

jeanpierre1279

jeanpierre1279

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Its so normal

I will talk about me.

I play a freeroll with a much more open range because they are usually turbos and I did not spend to enter them (of course there is the rake but psychologically we forget).

The time is usually dedicated to tournaments that we pay and that the payouts are bigger or with a smaller field, which demands more analysis time.

Outside recreational players.

So, first understand that, micro or freeroll tournaments, the variance is very high due to maniacs, recreational players and those like me, you don't have much time to lose with them.

The tip I can give you is to be more calm and wait for the maniacs to kill themselves until the game calms down to the level closest to the bubble where the players (even me) are interested in playing because money is not despised, even if little.

But in the case of AA and KK I would play, even if the whole table asked for all in (even though this decision was looser ahaha).

lattedank

lattedank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of times people go all in in tournaments like these because if you raise 3bb pre flop, a lot of people is going to call you with shit hands because it's only 3bb for them. When you go all in, a lot of people with those hands just fold. That's my take on it.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in pre-flop

Stop going All in unless you are 100 per cent sure you will win the pot. Be patient, I always lose with pocket Aces. Wait for the flop as it will come to you in time, not sure about a flush or straight then fold. Better safe then going bust. Capo1014

pendulabgd

pendulabgd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of times people go all in in tournaments like these because if you raise 3bb pre flop, a lot of people is going to call you with shit hands because it's only 3bb for them. When you go all in, a lot of people with those hands just fold. That's my take on it.

The problem with your opinion is that their range is non existent at all, a lot of people go allin no matter what they have, even if that's 72o.

Stop going All in unless you are 100 per cent sure you will win the pot. Be patient, I always lose with pocket Aces. Wait for the flop as it will come to you in time, not sure about a flush or straight then fold. Better safe then going bust. Capo1014

Can you explain me how I can be 100% sure that I'll win the hand? You know as good as anyone that even if you have AA it's not guaranteed that you will win the hand (a lot of the times AA is losing and you have to be prepared to fold AA if pot and betting pattern shows you that's a big possibility to lose the hand).
But 100% sure? How? Explain please.
Ty

lattedank

lattedank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem with your opinion is that their range is non existent at all, a lot of people go allin no matter what they have, even if that's 72o.

I will give you that one. I learnt it hard way yesterday and today. I played against some bingo players. A guy basically became the chip leader by going all in with shit hands.

pendulabgd

pendulabgd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I will give you that one. I learnt it hard way yesterday and today. I played against some bingo players. A guy basically became the chip leader by going all in with shit hands.
Yes, that's exactly the reason why I posted this thread in the first place, to share my and to collect experience from others, especially here where the players are playing or learning how to play in the correct way.
My personal opinion is that some of the players are doing bingo purposely and they know about the correct way how to play but simply they don't want to lose time to wait for the good hands when they win 0.1$ after few hours of playing, if they become chip leader quickly they will continue to play or nothing. Maybe they are right. Let's say that they win first few hands once every 10 times, then they have a reason why to seat for hours and hours, their chances to enter the money grow exponentially if they become chip leaders.
What do you think? [emoji848]