Important stats from HUD for online.

S

Solarx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!

I dont have HUD and it’s not allowed on App that I am playing regular so I would like to use notepad and pen to record.

Other than VPIP, C-Bet, and Hand Played. What else should I be recording or looking for?

Folding after the flop, the turn, and the river?

Bet size tendency? Hand range?

Thanks!

S

Solarx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean that playing online poker game that don’t allow HUD or Pro tracker in my thread title.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think you should also look for some:
-3bets[how often the villain 3bet and with what hands and if he calls light your 3bets with weak hands]
-how easily he goes to the showdown[this means he is sticky with his mediocre hands like top pair etc or he doesn't understands the board texture etc]
-if he open raises many later streets like BTN and CO [this means you should fight back at some point with a 3bet or a 3bet jam]
-if villain cbets any street[flop,turn,river]
-maybe some check raise spots?!?![if vilain x/r only with value hands or he does it with some draws / backdoor draws etc]

I think you should have many hands of those opponents in order to label them , personally the first label I put to unknown villains is if they are calling stations , super tight , maniacs and good players and after that categorization I look further for what you are asking for here. :)

S

Solarx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great reply.

But the problem is I will use notepad/pen to record player so it s not possible to record too many stats. That why I m asking which is the most important to look for.

Out of all your suggestion, can you tell me top 4 stats that you think it’s very important?

S

Solarx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should also look for some:
-3bets[how often the villain 3bet and with what hands and if he calls light your 3bets with weak hands]
-how easily he goes to the showdown[this means he is sticky with his mediocre hands like top pair etc or he doesn't understands the board texture etc]
-if he open raises many later streets like BTN and CO [this means you should fight back at some point with a 3bet or a 3bet jam]
-if villain cbets any street[flop,turn,river]
-maybe some check raise spots?!?![if vilain x/r only with value hands or he does it with some draws / backdoor draws etc]

I think you should have many hands of those opponents in order to label them , personally the first label I put to unknown villains is if they are calling stations , super tight , maniacs and good players and after that categorization I look further for what you are asking for here. :)

I forgot to quote you.

Also it’s really hard to determine whether player is calling stations, super tight, maniacs, etc..

For me its easy for me to identity who is NIT and maniacs but other than these, it’s a bit tricky.

And players change their style when they go later stage of tournament thus categorizing them is tricky as well.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think labeling with colors your opponents based on their type is #1 for me!

If you see someone calling down a huge re raise or can't fold for example his AA or his top pair in a super wet board then for me is an indication that he is super sticky so I will go for pure value the next time I would have a good combination versus him. He is a calling station.

If he doesn't know how to defend his BB and overfolding , he doesn't know how to play versus a single cbet or he very rarely open raise even in unopened pots then I would label him as a super tight player - NIT.

A maniac for me is someone who is out of control , plays every pot , cbets almost everything , open jam or 3bet jam 40+bbs doesn't have a clue about SPR etc.

Beside that if I had to pick the super important stats that would be his cbets and how light he 3bets , those two are the two most important for me. I have folded very reasonable starting hands against opponents I know they 3bet only -literally- KK+ .

ps. why will you use pen/notepad? Why don't you use the client's notes?

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it useful to see All-in equity on flop, turn and river helpful, so you can see if Player is bluffing, betting on future cards or if he really has it...

S

Solarx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think labeling with colors your opponents based on their type is #1 for me!

If you see someone calling down a huge re raise or can't fold for example his AA or his top pair in a super wet board then for me is an indication that he is super sticky so I will go for pure value the next time I would have a good combination versus him. He is a calling station.

If he doesn't know how to defend his BB and overfolding , he doesn't know how to play versus a single cbet or he very rarely open raise even in unopened pots then I would label him as a super tight player - NIT.

A maniac for me is someone who is out of control , plays every pot , cbets almost everything , open jam or 3bet jam 40+bbs doesn't have a clue about SPR etc.

Beside that if I had to pick the super important stats that would be his cbets and how light he 3bets , those two are the two most important for me. I have folded very reasonable starting hands against opponents I know they 3bet only -literally- KK+ .

ps. why will you use pen/notepad? Why don't you use the client's notes?

Yea I just learned about the power of 3 betting skills. I always call someone’s raise without any thinking (cold calling?)

I will record c-bet and 3-bet. I use pen/notes because I’m playing poker on my ipad so sometime I need to do multitasking so I use notepad.

I find it useful to see All-in equity on flop, turn and river helpful, so you can see if Player is bluffing, betting on future cards or if he really has it...

All in equity? I dont have HUD so it’s not possible for me know the equity.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yea I just learned about the power of 3 betting skills. I always call someone’s raise without any thinking (cold calling?)

I will record c-bet and 3-bet. I use pen/notes because I’m playing poker on my iPad so sometime I need to do multitasking so I use notepad.

Oh ok that makes sense , I mean the iPad , I just wanted to point out that I am not a pro or something I just wrote my opinion , hope some other members have a look at this thread and also comment , there are many member who are good players here in the forum.

Also take a look here: Become a Winning Poker Player in 30 Days - CardChat.com™ (cardschat.com) , in case you haven't seen it , I strongly believe that it deserves your attention , many topics are super helpful and of course search on the internet you will find so much quality content for your topic. :)

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...I dont have HUD and it’s not allowed on app that I am playing regular so I would like to use notepad and pen to record.
Other than VPIP, C-Bet, and Hand Played. What else should I be recording or looking for?
Folding after the flop, the turn, and the river?
Bet size tendency? Hand range? ... Thanks!

I created a VB app for myself for this same condition. It takes a lot of energy to track data by hand during a game, but it can be done. Here is a snapshot of what I tracked. I could glean VPIP data (range info), betting info (aggression), overbet (allin and large bets for aggression), fold (folding if VPIP), and a place for notes. The E-xx% is how many hands they voluntarily enter and the F-xx% is how many hands they fold once they entered.

https://ibb.co/9sNYMzw
(this is just a snapshot of what it looks like, not an app that can be used)

ZxvxIQEmSLIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

You could do something similar with a spreadsheet. I apologize, but I can't really make this VB app available at this time. I felt this was the minimum amount of info needed, but was still manageable. It doesn't tell us everything but it does give us some data. HUD's are far better and more versatile, but when that is not an option, something like this can be helpful.

Good luck and God Bless

Last edited:
S

Solarx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NW Patriots - seems I couldn't quote you

Anyway - yes that what I am looking for and your set up looks easy for me to keep tracking of players in tournament.

Enter Pot - Same with VPIP.
Bet - CcBet or 3 Bet
OvercBet - Shove all in or Large Amount
Fold - Fold after Entering Pot

Which one of above would you categorize player as tight, loose, or maniacs?

Last question - what formula should I put in spreadsheet to find percent for Enter and Fold ?

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NW Patriots - seems I couldn't quote you

Anyway - yes that what I am looking for and your set up looks easy for me to keep tracking of players in tournament.

Enter Pot - Same with VPIP.
Bet - CcBet or 3 Bet
OvercBet - Shove all in or Large Amount
Fold - Fold after Entering Pot

Which one of above would you categorize player as tight, loose, or maniacs?

Last question - what formula should I put in spreadsheet to find percent for Enter and Fold ?
to make %'s work, you also need to track how many hands have been played for this particular tracking.

As for tight/lose/maniac, that is a bit subjective and dependent on stakes and the table dynamics. I generally consider <20%VPIP as tight, >40% VPIP as loose and >50%VPIP as a maniac, but again it depends on the game and how much info you have on a player. Watch the fold info, as this is very helpful for knowing who at the table folds the most and who folds the least.

Good luck.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think, the solution to not having a HUD running is to try to become a "human HUD" and manually write down all the numbers. It takes to much effort and will distract you from the actual game. So instead I would just pay attention to, whats going on, and use tags and notes, as others have suggested. If you see someone limp into the pot and then show down some ridiculous hand, then tag that player as a "fish". And so on. Also simply stick a bit closer to default lines and GTO strategy, when you have less reads. Not adjusting to individual opponents is always going to be less bad than overadjusting based on questionable "reads".