Importance of poker position

D

Dasndi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I opened this topic to discuss the importance of playing in position against someone who has not yet mastered the concepts of the game and even ignores the importance of this principle.
What good is position, against players who only see their own cards and bet blindly until the showdown?

Is it really important to have a position against this type of player?

I see the position being used against these players, mainly with a tactic of defense and not of attack.

I would like to discuss some moves that can be made against donkey players, who only play by watching their cards.

P

Pessoa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Position is always important. As Important as your hand.

A

Andy3B

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
P = 3P

P = 3P
Poker = Patience, Position, Power of the Hand.
I said.

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Position is power.

If you looked at your win rate when playing in position as opposed to playing out of position you will see a huge difference in profit.

good luck

stoke

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Position in poker is very important. Like a lot of things! In General, all important. And not the fact that will win.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Positions in poker will save a lot of money and get rid of many errors.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
P = 3P
Poker = Patience, Position, Power of the Hand.
I said.

+1... During my poker research "travels" I ran into one close; something like:

CCP
Poker = Cards, Chips & Position (and then starts back to Cards with each one having power over the one after it...)
Said Arnold Snyder...:D If I remember correctly...:confused:

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...but I like the fact that you included Patience... that's essential as well... nice catch...

D

Demagog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, the position is of course very important, luck is the same no one has canceled ...

M

mycashier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was always taught dealer button is power... first to act after the big blind is the worst position

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Possition is important in poker , because I always trying to join on the bank when I am on my preferate possitions , and trying to open the hands , and trying to re-raise from the late possition.
Its depends of the possition wich hands do you want to open , and to play.

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its very important because you can open a wider range of hands in later position then in early position. For the most part, it is better to act last then first when coming into a hand.

Tanvir Mahmud

Tanvir Mahmud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
position and your chips stack will tell your opponents everything :p the most important thing is to be in control and use the advantages of your position carefully . ;)

S

Steve_StudAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This should be explained clearer. Let me try...

If you open from early position with a hand that did not hit, you have 2 decisions, bet, or check. Suppose you check, guess what is being fired at you, now you are going to often fold the best hand. If you are deciding to open early, be prepared to fire in all your chips, because that is precisely what is likely to happen.

Early position is not somewhere you want to be with your low suited connector.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes position make change frome good and bad player ,becouse good player will use position and take profit even he doesnt have a good hand.......

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder how ppl play 15 tables, and watch position?

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder how ppl play 15 tables, and watch position?

Bad players maybe...? or Rich (cause i know they're probably doing regular deposits)...? idk... take your pick...:D
I tend to think that any "solid" players would only play an amount of tables in which they can actually keep track...
Position does matter...

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oh... Forgot to add "stupid players" to that list... my fault...

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Position is an essential part of playing solid poker. Most don't understand the concept and/or have the discipline to consider it.

S

Sacredoro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very important to build your strategy and make decisions based on your position at the table.

P

ParagonPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most important thing in poker. Fullstop.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against the Asses position just yet

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
This kind of players can be avoided by playing in higher stakes . But , let's say we have to face these donkey bingo players , position still matters , cause we still have the last ''word'' , , we are the last to speak , so if they don't hit anything to the river , neither do we , usually they check , we bet and we take the pot/blinds . If we have sth good , we can bet or call , but if we have sth very good , we can use position to choose to attack on the turn or (and) on the river , and make the best profit from this bingo player . We cannot bluff him early , we still can use position to make more value . This happens especially on limit holdem .

skavenger

skavenger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think an interesting strategy is to start the bluff turn, and river, in smart moves ... for example, if he plays too loose and the flop is rainbow, you can try to make him fold the pair, even without anything in Hands

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Position is important. everybody says that late position is the best position you can be, and i dont disagree but as i always say it always depend on a particular situation.
There are times when early position puts you to an advantage especially if you are going to bluff first. :) hehe
When you get a read that everyone has no made hand and you are the first to act and you get to raise big first and pray no donkey calls your bluff. LOL