MasterTur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, Where do you play Poker?
That's gonna change your options too...

If you play pokerstars, i recomend you to play :

SNG - 50c 9p - turbo, fast play, and you can have a huge volume of games.
MTT - i recomend to play the 0,55c $2k gtd

Ljuk358

Ljuk358

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you have lot of patience, Fifty-Fifty are profitable for sure.

A

AcesFullOfDonks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You answered your own question. You find cash games profitable and want to increase your bankroll. There's your answer. It may be less exciting than MTTs and SNGs but sometimes you have to grind it out and make a profit. You want to make money on a regular basis, play the cash games.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is completely unrealistic.

First, if you're new you should just be playing on 1 table (until you're comfortable on 2).

I don't think anyone could double a $60 bankroll while 6-tabling 2nl for 18hrs (nevermind someone who sounds like they're new to it all)

your given example of 3,600 hands 4-tabling for 12hrs. (assuming 6-max tables) & suggesting a newer player be playing 6 tables while starting out is absurd.

that's equal to a winning rate of ~84bb/100

If 18hrs. it is equal to ~56bb/100 (< probably 4x as high as can be hoped for by a newer player who has actually studied the game a bit). Again,.. totally ridiculous!

My suggestion for BRM on $60
if SnG's play the $1 buyins. (when you reach $80 move up to $2. especially if the rake is lower than the $1's)

If MTT, play the occassional $1 tourney but try to play in cheaper ones if they're available (or supplement it with SnG's).

Cash - Learning 2nl would be okay if you were actually interested in it but as has already been mentioned, if you're not enjoying yourself you won't want to put in the time to learn that format which will end up being a losing proposition.

Initially when I started out online I chose to play SNG's but also some MTT's (games were different back then though... at least Sng's were ie. 9-man reg. speed, slow-structured sng's were very popular & hypers didn't exist).

IF I were just starting out today I would opt to go with cashgame play, starting off at 2nl. It'll give you a solid foundation if you choose to switch over to different format later on. But on the flip side of this, tournament tables generally have ALOT weaker players on them (vs. cash) even at the micro limits (tournament play seems to attract a much great number of fish).

Yes, I agree with you about what if player new, and it is not comfortable play 4+ tables.
But after some days of nice training at 1 table, player can grow to 2 or 3 tables depending on monitor size.
Once he became profitable, will come time of strategy building. Next what he gonna do: think how he would play with certain cards and in what position.

6a6yJIbkO_o

6a6yJIbkO_o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have only $60 you have only one option to play only the minimum limits in cash games and MTT with minimal buy-in. Choose the format of the game that's your decision.