Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's been some time since I created a topic where I commented that Cardschat has very good players, and I still have the same opinion, but I didn't mention that there are also players that fall short, especially those who play the CC freerolls on GGpoker, I I don't know what's going on in guys' heads, on the first hand they go all-in with rubbish, and there's always someone with more rubbish and call. I don't consider myself a great player, but at least I try to play within what I've learned, as correct as possible, of course sometimes I'll make a dubious move, but there comes a time when you think, every time this guy comes out with a game. I know that many will say that freeroll is like that, that the guys are going to play anyway, because they didn't take money out of their pockets to play. But where do I want to go with all this, because the guy doesn't try to learn a little more, nowadays there's so much free content, for you to improve your poker, right here at Cardschat there's an excellent course, which I just haven't done yet because I bump into the language and the youtube translation is not satisfactory. What do you think of all this, leave your opinion. Grateful.(s)

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Firstly, recognise that not everyone plays poker for the same reasons. Some play for a living, some want to make it into a living, or a decent side hustle. Some are happy to just enjoy the game and are happy to pay $100 a month to fund their hobby, some are there to just goof off and do crazy stuff that makes your blood boil.
I do see some logic in trying to get an early double or treble up in a freeroll. Imagine grinding for 2 or 3 hours to min cash for $0.75, when you could build and early big stack in the first couple of orbits and then pick spots and bully for the rest of the tournament. If you bust early, who cares - you've invested zero cash and less than 10 minutes of your time.
Now, personally, I agree with you, but that's not to say we're 100% right. What I tend to do is make a note of those players and try to exploit them when they shove on me, by calling slightly wider than I otherwise would. I would also note the hands I see them shove with, if it is literally any 2 cards, I will call as wide as 45% of hands, depending on my position.