Identifying and shutting distractions down.

I

Iceman0805

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, poker folks.

This is the latest insight I had while playing a tournament and I want to share with you, cuz maybe someone will find himself in this kind of situation.

It was a 0,55 BI regular tournament, I got in on late register and found myself among 1300 another players. I'm not used to play tournaments of this size, so it was new for me. I played tight and hit some good hands.

About an hour later, I was struggling to go up on the rank and didn't know why I couldn't. It was when felt the distractions taking place in my mind.

The first distraction was the bubble anxiety. Every f... minute I checked wich was my position and how many players still had to die to achieve the ITM. I see, now, how much I was focus on that and, therefore, less on the game itself.

The second distraction was out of the game. My daughter asking gently: "Dad, what are you doing?" and my wife asking, not so gently: "Can you please stop playing this f.. game?" I know this kind of distraction is not under our control, but it is if you think that you can choose a better moment to play.

The third and definetely distraction, as always, was the stubborn willing to win the goddam hand even when the whole environment says I have not the best hand at all. It is the "f..ck it" attitude wich I had wrote you about that come back strongly when I got distracted.

In the end, after more than an hour, I was eliminated and won 0,84 and it sounded like the game telling me: "Here boy, take your money back and try hard next time"

I realize now that all this distractions, the fear of losing chips, the lack of aggressivity, the blindness of handreading, the focus on the money, not on the game, all this made me lose.

So, my message for you today is:

Put all the distractions away,
put your full atention on the game and,
if you die, die doing the right thing, with honor, wich basicly means: fearless.

Hope you guys like

:ridinghor

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the first distraction about checking your position and how many players left is very common I think for the most of the people. I always have this problem. Sometimes tt's really hard to avoid it especially when the prizes on the tournament really big

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will also add in poklerstars annoying chest who pop up every time along with a message your chest is ready to be unlocked.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!Yes, you are right, no doubt.Distractions in the game are not in any case impossible.full concentration.But there are other factors in the game that worsen our result.For example, poor health.there are times when you are not given a good hand for an hour and your stack is zero and there is no way to go up.Or your NATs from the flop move to the river.Anything can be a game and you need to take any of its blows.And she will thank you for it give it not much time).

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My first problem is that i start to getting tired after 1 hour of tournament and than I start to opening other sites and using my cellphone.