Ideas to get out of a losing streak?

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You should stop and rethink your strategy, analyse your game and find your weak spots. This what happened to me recently. I play fast 6max and over the course of 20k hands I was dead even. After I did some research changed my strategy I got to stable 18BB/100 over just 7k hands. Not a big achievement but now I feel very comfortable playing with consistent profit.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Is your losing streak simply a great player hitting a wall of variance?
Or is this losing streak because you have so many leaks, you cannot bail fast enough?
Throw us a bone. What seems to be the problem?
How often do you play?
How often do you "study"?
Are you playing at a level (stakes) which is supported by your bankroll management?
Come on man. Give us the skinny!
;)
Cheers,
ObbleeXY

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take some time off and go threw hands to see if i played them wrong or it was just bad luck.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Identify The Leaks in the your Game

Often, poker players can be guilty of playing either too much poker or too little. It can be as previously mentioned the level at which you play at, the stake that is as well as the fundamentals of your style of play that need further attention.

Taking a break has been mentioned and i agree with that to a point but practice and play will improve your game, poker is an animal that can never be tamed, thats why we have the terms upswings and downswings.

Have you looked at the training material available on here and also the 30 day poker course itself, i tend to find with many players - they ignore the need to learn as they feel they "have game" - the truth is - variance affects experience and vice versa so i would recommend you look at the basics again and it never hurts to press reset.

https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php

Keep positive, consistent and remember its never too late to change how we learn or play this game - good luck my friend!

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The dangerous thing of a losing streak, is that she feeds herself. If your poker play has normally an edge on the level which you play and then some important flops did not get in the right direction and plus some bad beats. The player get angry and try to double up the risk on higher level or play another poker as before. So cooldown analyse your game. You must knew is the loosing streak because of the variance or because of your bad play. Is it about the variance so you must only play normal as before. It sound very easy but i think in poker the psycholigie is a great factor from poker game. And this important factor you could control. I knew a great player with massive wins normally has 6 or 7 month loosing streaks. The theoretic bb wins and the real on table are less then 6000 bb difference, this massiv difference could break your hole career if you could not control yourself and using the bankrollmanagement rules. But one day the streak is over and the wave pulls back your money.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Losing streaks only exist in your mind. If you keep playing to the best of your abilities, every single time!, these so-called 'streaks' are just mere speed bumpers on your way of increasing your BR.

Do you want to lose money? No, never, right? Then why do you question your own behavior? Keep playing in a relaxed, flexible state of mind and you'll be making up for your losses in no time.