Ideas to get out of a losing streak?

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
more streaks happen, you can suspend a session and it is very long and bad or change game strategy to lose as little as possible while this moment lasts.

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop playing if you do not want or can not handle the swings. In my experience there are many, many more “down” time than up in MTT poker.

owler

owler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play more freerolls as if you win it is okay if you lose who cares and try to think positive as this could lead to fearless actions + concentrate 100% or play only when you have full concentration.
Note: today CardsChat is running some freerolls hope to see you their

theheeb1984

theheeb1984

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me I have no choice but to keep playing until I get out of that bad streak.

First option is as many say, take a break for 1-2 days completely. Take you mind off poker all the way. After that, spend a day looking at what really happened using the hand review options and think about it from a perspective of not knowing the hand you lost with. I like to cover my hand and watch the replay and guess what was happening on the table to see the loss play out. Makes me really evaluate my hand as well as the opponents as I am not in the heat of things anymore.

If you want to continue playing while in the loss side of your streak, then drop the level of play so you are not plagued by higher losses than needed. Example, if you are doing a $5 SnG, then go to a $2 SnG.

Key thing, do not lose hope, do not stop having enjoyment of this game and take time for yourself to enjoy the life outside of poker as well. Things do come back if you have solid play.

T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First option is as many say, take a break for 1-2 days completely. Take you mind off poker all the way. After that, spend a day looking at what really happened using the hand review options and think about it from a perspective of not knowing the hand you lost with. I like to cover my hand and watch the replay and guess what was happening on the table to see the loss play out. Makes me really evaluate my hand as well as the opponents as I am not in the heat of things anymore.

If you want to continue playing while in the loss side of your streak, then drop the level of play so you are not plagued by higher losses than needed. Example, if you are doing a $5 SnG, then go to a $2 SnG.

Key thing, do not lose hope, do not stop having enjoyment of this game and take time for yourself to enjoy the life outside of poker as well. Things do come back if you have solid play.

100% agree with you . Usually when I'm on a losing streak u take a break for a few days , maybe watching some poker meanwhile .

Try to look over my hands that i play and discuss the hand with other people maybe I'm playing bad and need to change something .

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
definitely great advise, i need this lol.... my two cents is also to try to focus on one game at a time and aim to perfect ur strategy of play, breaks always helps 2days maybe 3 and relax and be more patient

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i find when im loosing its due to my play, i make too many bad choices and punt off too many chips. recently i found myself too immersed in the meta of having a hand tracker. it was mkaing me think of my ranges and keeping my play level. tying to make sure im even on my 3-4 bets when im nutted and when im bluffing. i found this was making me think TOO much and making bad plays. ive been playing on GG poker (really like the site) and since i dont have a tracker ive just had to focus on each hand and the plays as they go. it has made my game easier and ive notcied improvment in my bankroll. oh ALSO SO MUCH PATIENCE

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing streak is just normal period of poker playing. If you want to become a good poker player, stop being results orientated and enjoy playing (yeah, easy to say haha).

I have faced many downswings, and I have lost hope many times. So I know what are we talking about.

Nowadays I don't have any serious downswings anymore. What I do is this - I have learned to play different formats of poker, profitably - I play mtt's, Holdem cash, sit and go's, spin and go's, heads up, PLO etc. I play only games I enjoy playing at that moment, and I lost my interest usually when I start losing money, then I just change game type. The most important thing is that I enjoy playing itself, not making money. It is actually opposite, when I make a lot of money, it makes me nervous. I get most of satisfaction of making improvements and achieve new things.

I hope this answer helped.
A good idea. Perhaps I will follow your example.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for your advice, I am already following you and I am emerging again. See you at the online poker tables.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Plug any leaks you may have and get back to the tables

K

Keith557444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i tend to just play freerolls till i come out of the funk that way if i lose I'm only losing time and not money and that is a good time to study more then play as well

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually like to go back and review my hands and see if I am making errors or could be making more optimal plays.

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A little rest, relax, rest and fight again

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play more hands. Make sure you are 100% mentally before a session.

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hi!

I would add to my previous post that: You can't fall forever! The winning streak will come one day. There are those who need less time for this time to come and there are those who need more time. But I wish you perseverance and lots and lots of prizes.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stick to bankroll management. Analyze both your game and your opponents.

N

Nel1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a short break, until we feel that we are positive to play again

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I have decided to get back after a long time in this forum and to start pointing out my greatest mistakes and the best solution I've found for them.

The losing streak mistake is one of the worse advisors because you can get easily tilted when you "burn" three buy-ins in a row. Well newsflash after the first buy-in you are already tilted. You usually don't realize this because you are like "well, it was a bad beat, I will get my money back" but then either a second bad beat happens or you make a mistake and lose again serious amount of your stak. For me that was the trigger to know that I am tilted and at the same time to not be able to stop.

But enough elaborating on the issue, let me provide you with the solution. In order to play poker you need to have the positive vibe. Try to put a sticker or someting to hide your stak. Believe me, it is easier to think about the game, not about the result when your stak is hidden. Next thing to do is to see 20-30 hands into playing are you bored, do you like how the game goes, are you dealt often good cards for your position and are you actually enjoying or you are bored as **** and nothing really happens. Well you know what to do then.

Set a time or a handlimit and don't care about the result but after you are in losing position that is the Universe way to say to you "bro you need to take a shower, you need to eat, you need to say hello to your spouse, you have to study, you have to go to work" you get the point. When on a losing streak check if there isn't something else that needs to be done. After for example you clean the shit of your room and the satisfaction of doing it kicks in, then is good idea to try your luck at the tables again.

I know I sound more like some motivational speaker than a poker player but since I switched my thinking in that direction I started winning at poker consistently.

Also do not throw away your money for tournaments that you don't have the mood for and then trying to get back your entry fee back at the cash tables, this will back fire.

I was the biggest fish ever born but all of these mistakes that I did helped me develop a solution against them and decided to get back to the forum and help people not falling into the same ****in traps I was falling for.

So yeah I will maybe create a topic with top (I still don't know the number) mistakes that a fish like me did and what solutions I found for them. So yeah good luck with poker and don't forget that there is real world and we play poker for fun - the money is just a result of having fun and good decisions.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes ....check the moon phase 1st!!

If you're in a losing streak. Check out what phase of the moon you're in. I'm being very serious. I've tried sports bet and poker over the FULL moon period and found it to extremly BAD for the HOME TEAM ....me.

I've also found if you stay in the 1/2 MOON periods for me, is some how more reliable and benefitial. Another thing. Biorythymes (s)) check out your bio rythymes.

It's no mumbo jumbo. Track that and see how it works out for you.....

Thank you for listening. :)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Taking a short break from the game is a great way to fix the issue but even more you need to review your game during the break. Many time I have seen that I just ran into a bad streak and ran unlucky. Many time I have found issues with my game. A bad habit or just making bad plays have sneaked into my game. I would say over 1/2 the time it was my game that was the issue and when you fix that error the loosing streak will end much faster.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

If possible take a break for a few days, clear your head and come back refreshed and ready to go.

C

ccmonrivah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i been on a good winning streak, but more of losing streak .to the point where just cant get nothing lol , but i keep trying , so heads up folks we got this glgl:cool: