Chips
You did the right thing. Not always a premium hand wins

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i sometime raise funky hands as a strategy to make players think less of me. then when i get a good hand they think i have nothing. i have been in your spot before as well, there is no folding queens in this spot. you got a cooler is all =[

C

cracked aces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Q Q Good cards if you don't overplay them. I usually limp call a raise to see the flop and play from there I've had better results doing this.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay cc, I'm in the first or second blind in a buck fifty SnG, and get dealt pocket queens utg. Decide to limp in cause I'm almost certain I'll get a raise from the loose aggressive player to my left, and sure enough raises to 80. I decide to 3bet 3 times his raise because he's been raising pre flop with some funky hands already. He pushes all in and I call, because as I've outlined, I really believe he could have anything (within reason) but sure enough he turns over aces and sends me packing. What did I do wrong? Is this one of the few situations I should have folded my queens?

only thing i see is mindset since he played some funky hands you assumed he would not have something to beat your queens. You can always lose by someone hitting a luckbox no matter how bad of a player they may be.

So basically you just shrug shoulders move on to next game.

Is ZERO chance i fold queens there but i also realize he could hit 24 two pair and take me out thats poker.

him having aces? is not even worth thinking about to me:)

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion you've done everything right, but for me personally, I wrote a couple of times on the site, a pair of the Q, fatal. The percentage of 70%, a loss, even though it violates the theory of probability and this should not happen!

M

munts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo you played it completely wrong. NEVER-ever open-limp UTG and then raise it. That's like #1 tell of someone having QQ/KK/AA in micro-stakes.

Next think that you need to consider are the stack sizes. If you both had like 1500 stacks and the blinds 10/20, it wouldn't make any sense to gamble your SNG life so early. Only thing that's going to go all-in here is AA/KK or AK, to which you are a huge underdog or flipping at best.

You could have avoided the situation if you raised yourself preflop, called his 3bet (or maybe he'd have called) and decided on the flop.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think I would have bet first ,having QQ is a premium hand , utg is a bit bad but we should bet I guess , then after we are raised we reraise and if he shoves , as he did , we make the call , at least that I would do , he is loose , maniac aggro ,so we would expect a lot of cards to play , he just got lucky unfortunatelly .

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imo you played it completely wrong. NEVER-ever open-limp UTG and then raise it. That's like #1 tell of someone having QQ/KK/AA in micro-stakes.

Next think that you need to consider are the stack sizes. If you both had like 1500 stacks and the blinds 10/20, it wouldn't make any sense to gamble your SNG life so early. Only thing that's going to go all-in here is AA/KK or AK, to which you are a huge underdog or flipping at best.

You could have avoided the situation if you raised yourself preflop, called his 3bet (or maybe he'd have called) and decided on the flop.

:rolleyes: +1... THIS right here yo...

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To anyone agreeing that not raising his QQ's, even from UTG, would also probably limp anything 99+, to include just so we know, LIMP KK's & AA's as well...? (...probably trying to be all fancy and slowplay...) How do you all maximize your value? AS well as getting rid of draws that might crush you later (after you have let the opponent see the flop WITHOUT making them PAY as much as possible from them to see it, you MIGHT not have the best hand anymore...?) hmm... I might have to go back and review my poker manuals... I must have missed something...:confused: jmho... no disrespect...

Last edited:
F

Feel_i_Pok

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The decision was correct. Just out of luck this time

M

mikey481968

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you just have bad luck with good cards and the lose and donkie players dont care either way

K

KGetsPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats unlucky. I would have made the same decision versus the loose aggressive player.