I haven't had a winning hand for an hour or more!

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I know that some days we don't get a winning hand in a tournament or sit & go for an hour or more. So what do we call this case. And can you get out of this situation in a way or not?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I know that some days we don't get a winning hand in a tournament or sit & go for an hour or more. So what do we call this case. And can you get out of this situation in a way or not?

Looks like in moments like this you just need to be (way) more aggressive cause that way you dont have to wait over one hour to actually win some hand lol :bebored:

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SO what? I haven't had a winning hand in couple of months. Big deal.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Looks like in moments like this you just need to be (way) more aggressive cause that way you dont have to wait over one hour to actually win some hand lol :bebored:

What you said is correct, and is it the only solution? But you should know that I did not get encouraging and strong hands to play aggressively

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happens to me all the time.Most of the time it turns around in a few days.I just hang in there and hope it will change.You are certainly not the only one.

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a good hand is not waiting, but is called and plays actively.:confused::confused:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think the only effective way out of this situation is a break. Sometimes every player has such days, and only a break avoids unnecessary losses.

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a normal phenomenon in poker, I don't have a winning hand for hours on 4 tables of simultaneous play, here the main thing is patience and experience and luck will definitely come.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Lucky you! It's a test of your character/patience.

Did you pass?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience in poker is a virtue. Look for opportunities not just good hands. And if the cards don't fall right for you and you end up with a short stack then you need to know when to shove and not be afraid to do it repeatedly until you know longer have to.

I am assuming you play tournaments.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens a lot in poker, waiting for a right moment is a key and sometimes its really hard to wait.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a rest when u unlucky.

Every things will pass away.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, I put my favourite hat on upside down. Then, when that doesn't work, I put my underwear on backwards. Finally I light the candles at the base of my Phil Helmuth statue. It doesn't take too long after that...my wife walks by and says "You're losing again, turn off the computer and go for a long walk with me." When we get back she hands me a book and pats me on the head. lol

WeAreHot777

WeAreHot777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's poker man you should play your game, and if you fold your hands for 1 hour, then you have patience, this is a great one. Since one time I fold all the hands more than 1 hour, then I got a nice hand, and I just GO ALL IN, and I hit a nuts.
It's poker bro.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It happens to me all the time. Most of the time it changes in a few days. I just hang on and hope it changes. You are certainly not the only one. The only thing that remains is to continue and be constant, the study is essential.

S

speeditall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep being aggressive have several advantages but it could burn your bankroll

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Patience in poker is a virtue. Look for opportunities not just good hands. And if the cards don't fall right for you and you end up with a short stack then you need to know when to shove and not be afraid to do it repeatedly until you know longer have to.

I am assuming you play tournaments.

Thanks Debi for the advice. This question has puzzled me for a long time and when I had the opportunity to share it with you on Cardschat Forum I didn't hesitate. Yes, I often play slow tournament. Sometimes when I don't have a winning or strong hand for a long time, I'm sure I'll get two or three consecutive winning hands out of patience as you said. Or for the same reason, I will be disqualified from the tournament. Thanks to members for the advice. Thanks Cardschat

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Played in a tournament years ago live that I have absolute trash the 1st 3 hours. My stack was down not that much when we hit the 3rd hour. Why? People thought I was a super nit. So every so often I would raise when tighter players were left to act or I would 3bet. I did not have great hands but used the situation to the best I could. I may of only been involved in 7 or 8 hands that 3 hours but I did not just bleed my chips away. Look for a spot and see what happens. It wont work every time but when it does its worth it.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Played in a tournament years ago live that I have absolute trash the 1st 3 hours. My stack was down not that much when we hit the 3rd hour. Why? People thought I was a super nit. So every so often I would raise when tighter players were left to act or I would 3bet. I did not have great hands but used the situation to the best I could. I may of only been involved in 7 or 8 hands that 3 hours but I did not just bleed my chips away. Look for a spot and see what happens. It wont work every time but when it does its worth it.

Thank you. I completely agree with you. I have also experienced the same situation in live poker, not just in online poker. The advice that was given to me is also very important and depends on the courage and aggressiveness of the player, as well as the attention to the movement of the players on the table. Thank you so much. And good luck

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If there is no winning hand in many hands I try to see who plays with fear and then I am aggressive to win some chips from him. Esperer is not an adequate choice in Poker
:)

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well of course you can get out of this situation, by getting bad beat for example :D
Jokes aside, like others said you can be a little more agressive, but its a dangerous road to lose even faster.
But in general im not getting upset or somthing, i just got used to it, sometimes its just not your tournament, sometimes you just ... not getting much action. Forget about it and move to another tournament.

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what the games all about patience . Have you ever gone broke by not playing a hand in a tournament. I have played many years and it hasn't happened to me yet. Eventually you will get a hand and yes you could lose, when you do make your move.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Thank you all for your interest. I have read all the tips and advice that you gave. I am still interested in any advice you will give on this in the future

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it goes both ways, all of a sudden I'm getting pairs an Ace every hand, then days just dries up. lol

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very true - some time you get 5 great hands a hour...sometimes...none...

It is so unpredictable,when that next LONG STREAK will hit and you get a good start to hold on.

It's so nice to be in the final table.

I made it to 10th/100 yesterday for $2.00 yea!!!

Fun Fun Fun.

Thank you CardsChat!!!

Tammi wish you lived in Michigan not California....let's date sometime? : )

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands