I guess I’m just stupid

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No my dear friend, I'm Shure you're not stupid, just need practice, a lot of practice, in that way you will remember what you have to do and what you don't!
Hi, franciscomos! I'm fully agree with You! Practice makes perfectness! This is exactly!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Stupidity leads us to serious problems ourselves, and in other people it can terribly annoy us. There is an opinion that stupidity is not knowing and not understanding something. Also, when they talk about stupidity, they mean a low degree of intelligence, lack of intelligence, lack of intelligence, illogicality of a person’s actions or his words. But I think that stupidity is, first of all, a person’s unwillingness to think, unwillingness to think. Here, a person is too lazy to think once again or even strain his brain at least once a little before taking some action, and then he will definitely do exactly a stupid act that will harm him. So, I think that stupidity is the laziness of the mind in the first place. You're not stupid, you're just not experienced yet, but it will all come with time.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just wing it and I win a few tournaments.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Don't know why you are changing from cash game to tournament play. That sounds like it started your downhill slide.
Is this question directed at me? (reason I ask is because I've just posted above here and mentioned I am transitioning from cash > to > Tournament play... & OP never mentioned anything of the sort).
If so:
because I feel like it
because I finally 'might' have enough free time to spend a full session for MTTT's (this is probably doubtful but we shall see)
much softer fields in the Tournaments - - weaker, new, gambly, spewy, uneducated types playing in the tournaments as compared with cash
I want to make money

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
At this point I’m mainly referring to preflop ranges. I am taking the RYE Masterclass and I’m fairly sure it is not humanly possible to remember all the different scenarios (which hands to open, which to call a 3bet with, which to four bet, all the different scenarios)

The idea is not to decorate them, much less stick them on the wall, having to look at them every time before making a move, the idea is that you study them eventually and try to replicate them, with time you will memorize and learn.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm such a stupid ass that I studied for the COVID Test and still failed. :ROFLMAO:

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
At this point I’m mainly referring to preflop ranges. I am taking the RYE Masterclass and I’m fairly sure it is not humanly possible to remember all the different scenarios (which hands to open, which to call a 3bet with, which to four bet, all the different scenarios

Dont get so worried about being perfect. All professional players admit they even make mistakes on there ranges. Also they will adjust there ranges based on the players at the table they are playing at. What makes this game great is the complexity of the game.

Sorry about that.
It gets more complicated. As Doyle once said (I think it was Doyle?), It's a game you can learn in minutes but can take a lifetime to master.
It was Mike Sexton. HE would say this during every World Poker tour event in the early years and its very true.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont get so worried about being perfect. All professional players admit they even make mistakes on there ranges.
And this does not really even matter, since the EV of hands, that are at the bottom of playing range or top of folding range is going to be very close to zero. Like maybe GTO has us opening KTo+, but we actually fold KTo or play K9o. Then this only loses us a tiny fraction of a blind, and as you say below, sometimes we are even making a good adjustment based on opponents or stack distribution in tournaments. If good players have the chip lead on a final table, they will often play a lot of hands, that are way of the charts, because they can "bully" the table by doing so.
Also they will adjust there ranges based on the players at the table they are playing at. What makes this game great is the complexity of the game.