ebazynski

ebazynski

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I thought this forum was to help beginners. My mistake.

I think the folks here have tried hard to "help" but you seem to be looking for a quick fix, unfortunately there is none.

I can sympathize with your frustration at losing as I am in the midst of a run of bad fortune myself. However, I try to remind myself that making the right plays should be the goal, not always winning. This can be hard to accept when you are by nature a competitive person.

I don't know what your bankroll situation is, but losing at stakes higher than you can afford will certainly cause discomfort. As others have suggested, playing for lower stakes will take "some" of the sting out of losing.

I'm far for an expert player but realize there is no surefire key to winning all the time. Much like hitting a baseball where failing 70% of the time is considered good, we have to accept that we will strike out more often than we like. Hopefully things will get better for you...good luck!

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the folks here have tried hard to "help" but you seem to be looking for a quick fix, unfortunately there is none.

I can sympathize with your frustration at losing as I am in the midst of a run of bad fortune myself. However, I try to remind myself that making the right plays should be the goal, not always winning. This can be hard to accept when you are by nature a competitive person.

I don't know what your bankroll situation is, but losing at stakes higher than you can afford will certainly cause discomfort. As others have suggested, playing for lower stakes will take "some" of the sting out of losing.

I'm far for an expert player but realize there is no surefire key to winning all the time. Much like hitting a baseball where failing 70% of the time is considered good, we have to accept that we will strike out more often than we like. Hopefully things will get better for you...good luck!

That’s just it. I don’t know whether I’m making the right plays or not.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You've tried that exact line on 2+2. Stop repeating yourself and get new content. Also, post a hand history!

Ok, I tried and it didn’t work. I guess that’s another thing about poker I’m no good at. After reading through the list apparently the site I play at (Bovada) is not supported.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No one here is going to feel guilty for telling you the truth or your failures.

You don't need the converter. You can post a hand history without it. Stop being lazy. Lazy people fail at poker, as you are discovering. Post a hand!

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
of losing at this $&@“(;: game! I have read Doyle Brunson, Dan Harrington, Ed Miller, Mike Caro. I have taken Red Chip, Upswing and Advanced not to mention this course twice. NONE of it has helped. I could get dealt AA every hand and still lose. Makes me want to cry.

Do not be sad. Take a break.
In order to win you need skill that comes only with experience. So, be patient. In order to win you need to be patient. And in order to gain the necessary experience, it takes at least 3-5 years.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, you need to accept the reality of poker in which a strong hand does not always mean winning, as long as there is a small probability of losing it will occur at a certain time, look at poker as a long-term investment, invest in the right combinations and you will achieve success at a distance. good luck!:)

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a terrible feeling when you lose over and over again ( especially moving), but unfortunately this is part of poker! I wish this streak of failures to end as soon as possible!

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of losing at this $&@“(;: game! I have read Doyle Brunson, Dan Harrington, Ed Miller, Mike Caro. I have taken Red Chip, Upswing and Advanced not to mention this course twice. NONE of it has helped. I could get dealt AA every hand and still lose. Makes me want to cry.
Sounds like your reading/studying has been such that you've got the basic knowledge and for some reason not able to APPLY the knowledge. Perhaps you should pay for a few hours with a coach to assist you with strategies to use what you have learned. GOOD LUCK! :)

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best way to improve poker is to learn gto.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don’t want to take a break. I want to get BETTER, but I have no idea how.

Ok i will try to help you but you need to work with me and others to help you.

1) dont play for the next 2 days. I know that is not what you want be a few days break will help. Your frustration is there and I will take time off when im not doing well and its getting to me. Amazing how it helps.

2) you dont know what type of player you are. OK grab a pen and paper. Play one one game at a time and get 200 hands in a row. If your still playing a game keep track till its done. Keep trap of how many hand your dealt, How many hands you raise and how many hands you call and how many times you 3bet preflop. While 200 hands is a small sample size it will allow us to get an idea of what type of player you are.

3)So you cant do a hand history. So this is what you can do. Lets say your in a hand and you dont know what to do at some point. You can just write down some information on the hand and post it. Not the best but could help us help you. Example. Blinds were 100/200 and we both have about 3000 chips and I raised to 500 with AQ both spaids and the BB call. Flop was something like 2, 5, 9 all hearts and he bets 700 and I was not sure what to do. This is also why I say play only one game at a time. It will allow you to write down the info so we can help you.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please cheer up.
The course is basic and does not help you fundamentally.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

Bad beats in clusters can be debilitating. Keep at it because you can do it

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sometimes it not what you play it can be dependent on when and how you play specific hands. Also the type/time/day you play, with proper or reset expectations can be a game changer.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel your pain. I go through the same stuff but you know for every 5 to 7 bad games 1 will come out better than the rest.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you and I both know that’s not real poker.

I actually started out with play money poker, and while I dont recommend spending to much time on it, its still poker, and you can still learn some of the basics. I definitely think, I learned enough, that it helped me pretty much beat 2NL right away, when I moved to real money tables.
3. Sample size is probably 1500 hands of each

1.500 hands is an incredibly small sample, which does not allow you to even begin evaluating your results. As I said already, I pretty much beat 2NL right away, when I started playing it. However at 5NL it was a bit of a different story. At 5NL Zoom I started with a sunshine run, but later lost most of my winnings again, until I stopped playing Zoom. But at 5NL full ring I was mostly in the red for a long time, and it bottomed out at -55$ after 46.000 hands. But then it turned around, and after 75.000 hands I was at +95$. At this point I pretty much stopped playing 5NL and moved on to higher stakes and later tournaments.

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel ya n I really don’t play with too much money on these sites. I don’t trust them, I have been burned by too many hands. With people playing bs n actually hitting on their trash it makes it no fun. But I do play feelrolls n small stakes on betonline but I mostly do parleys on that site