I am so tired

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of losing at this $&@“(;: game! I have read Doyle Brunson, Dan Harrington, Ed Miller, Mike Caro. I have taken Red Chip, Upswing and Advanced not to mention this course twice. NONE of it has helped. I could get dealt AA every hand and still lose. Makes me want to cry.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good thing participation is voluntary, if it ain't fun, or the disparity between results & expectations are too great, find another hobby.

It’s not fun when you lose every hand

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No it isn't. Breaks usually help when going thru a really bad run because no one continues to play correctly when it seems you are being punished every hand & making less than optimal plays just keeps the ol snowball rollin down hill. Takin a few days off & workin to deplete the ol vodka supply can help. I am of the opinion that attitude is just as important in poker as in real life. Any hoo, good luck.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It definitely sound like, you need to take a good long break from poker. But in top of that you are not really using this forum in a constructive way. You have a number of threads, that are basically just about letting out steam and letting us know, how badly it is going, like this one. But you have not posted a single hand history for review, like other forum members do.

Nor have you given information like which games, you play, what your sample size is, or what your results are. Do you own a tracker like PT4? If the answer is no, then why not? Apparently you have paid for expensive training courses, but these are not really important in the beginning of a poker career. They might even be harmfull, because they often teach advanced GTO concepts, that are important for high stakes games. But they are often not suitable for microstakes games, which should be the ones, you start out playing.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It definitely sound like, you need to take a good long break from poker. But in top of that you are not really using this forum in a constructive way. You have a number of threads, that are basically just about letting out steam and letting us know, how badly it is going, like this one. But you have not posted a single hand history for review, like other forum members do.

Nor have you given information like which games, you play, what your sample size is, or what your results are. Do you own a tracker like PT4? If the answer is no, then why not? Apparently you have paid for expensive training courses, but these are not really important in the beginning of a poker career. They might even be harmfull, because they often teach advanced GTO concepts, that are important for high stakes games. But they are often not suitable for microstakes games, which should be the ones, you start out playing.

1. I don’t know how to post a hand history
2. I mainly play SnG’s although lately I’ve tried some cash and zone. I suck at all three.
3. Sample size is probably 1500 hands of each
4. I haven’t cashed in probably a month
5. No, I don’t own a tracker. I don’t own a laptop and I’m not gonna sit at a desktop by myself to play. Besides, I’d rather understand my OWN mistakes before I worry about somebody else’s.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
1. I don’t know how to post a hand history
2. I mainly play SnG’s although lately I’ve tried some cash and zone. I suck at all three.
3. Sample size is probably 1500 hands of each
4. I haven’t cashed in probably a month
5. No, I don’t own a tracker. I don’t own a laptop and I’m not gonna sit at a desktop by myself to play. Besides, I’d rather understand my OWN mistakes before I worry about somebody else’s.
That's part of why you study hand histories - to see and learn from your own mistakes. Evaluate how the hands were played and whether you made the right calls.

But just reading through this, and the overall "tone" of your posts, you sound a little defeated, and I agree you really should take a good long break. If it's not fun, what's the point? If you're miserable, if your mind's not right, that is going to reflect in your overall performance (just like in any other area of life).

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's part of why you study hand histories - to see and learn from your own mistakes. Evaluate how the hands were played and whether you made the right calls.

But just reading through this, and the overall "tone" of your posts, you sound a little defeated, and I agree you really should take a good long break. If it's not fun, what's the point? If you're miserable, if your mind's not right, that is going to reflect in your overall performance (just like in any other area of life).

I don’t want to take a break. I want to get BETTER, but I have no idea how.

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What stakes are you playing? Live or online? Are you playing LAG or TAG?

The most essential part of winning isn't GTO strategy—it's patience. You can literally play 500 consecutive hands perfectly, and end up in the red. Poker is a game of small edges. If you're a 51:49 favorite, then you're doing something right. In the long run, you'll be ahead. But that doesn't mean that you won't lose like crazy because lady luck isn't on your side.

It's easy to go on tilt because you're doing everything right, but still getting busted. Try focusing less on winning and more on not losing.

But, like most have said, take some time to cool off. You're going to be fine.

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t want to take a break. I want to get BETTER, but I have no idea how.

Start by taking a break. You sound steamed. It doesn't matter how good of a player you are; if you're steamed, then you're going to lose.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What stakes are you playing? Live or online? Are you playing LAG or TAG?

The most essential part of winning isn't GTO strategy—it's patience. You can literally play 500 consecutive hands perfectly, and end up in the red. Poker is a game of small edges. If you're a 51:49 favorite, then you're doing something right. In the long run, you'll be ahead. But that doesn't mean that you won't lose like crazy because lady luck isn't on your side.

It's easy to go on tilt because you're doing everything right, but still getting busted. Try focusing less on winning and more on not losing.

But, like most have said, take some time to cool off. You're going to be fine.

I’m playing what most would say is beyond my skill level. Playing lower stakes just doesn’t interest me. TAG or LAG? I’d say TAG, but since I suck how should I know? I don’t understand how taking a break is gonna help, but whatever. Maybe I just won’t come back.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I’m playing what most would say is beyond my skill level. Playing lower stakes just doesn’t interest me. TAG or LAG? I’d say TAG, but since I suck how should I know? I don’t understand how taking a break is gonna help, but whatever. Maybe I just won’t come back.
Do you take breaks from work? Vacations, days off? Everyone needs time to unplug and reset. Doing so allows us to clear our minds, relax, gain fresh perspective. If something is causing you stress and anxiety, and you have control over it, why wouldn't you just take a step back and reassess instead of banging your head against a brick wall?

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm tired I lose more hand and can't concentrate so good when I am lively

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you take breaks from work? Vacations, days off? Everyone needs time to unplug and reset. Doing so allows us to clear our minds, relax, gain fresh perspective. If something is causing you stress and anxiety, and you have control over it, why wouldn't you just take a step back and reassess instead of banging your head against a brick wall?

I’m on dialysis and not able to work. However, if I was doing a poor job at work I’d like to think I’d work harder, not take a vacation. Poker is supposed to be a winnable game, but it just isn’t for me.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I’m on dialysis and not able to work. However, if I was doing a poor job at work I’d like to think I’d work harder, not take a vacation. Poker is supposed to be a winnable game, but it just isn’t for me.

Then stop playing. You have demonstrated, repeatedly, that you are unable and unwilling to take the steps to improve. You won't even invest the time to learn how to post a hand history, let alone post one and learn from it. Find a new hobby. This one isn't for you.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then stop playing. You have demonstrated, repeatedly, that you are unable and unwilling to take the steps to improve. You won't even invest the time to learn how to post a hand history, let alone post one and learn from it. Find a new hobby. This one isn't for you.

What are the steps to improve, oh wise one?

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What are the steps to improve, oh wise one?

You have been told, on here and on 2+2, that you need to post a hand history. Do that. That's step 1. No excuses. No more threads whining about how much you suck. Post a hand.

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m playing what most would say is beyond my skill level. Playing lower stakes just doesn’t interest me.

That's your problem. You're trying to compete in the Le Mans when you don't even have a driver's license.

Buy some play chips on poker stars. Once you start winning, long-term, make a deposit on a real-money poker site and start playing $0.01/$0.02. Then keep working your way up the stakes. I'd put the online competition of $0.25/$0.50 on par with live $1/$2. To win at these stakes, long-term, you are going to have to literally play hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of hands. That's how it is for 99% of people.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have been told, on here and on 2+2, that you need to post a hand history. Do that. That's step 1. No excuses. No more threads whining about how much you suck. Post a hand.

You keep telling me what to do, but not how to do it.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's your problem. You're trying to compete in the Le Mans when you don't even have a driver's license.

Buy some play chips on Poker Stars. Once you start winning, long-term, make a deposit on a real-money poker site and start playing $0.01/$0.02. Then keep working your way up the stakes. I'd put the online competition of $0.25/$0.50 on par with live $1/$2. To win at these stakes, long-term, you are going to have to literally play hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of hands. That's how it is for 99% of people.

I think you and I both know that’s not real poker. I don’t understand how making the same mistakes over and over again because I don’t know they’re mistakes is gonna help.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You keep telling me what to do, but not how to do it.

Did you know the there's a thread all about how to post hands in that area of this forum? Did you care? Or are you just here to make excuses? If you can't figure out something as simple as that, you'll never beat even 1c/2c.

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you and I both know that’s not real poker. I don’t understand how making the same mistakes over and over again because I don’t know they’re mistakes is gonna help.

That's your best bet to be successful at the stakes that you want to play. You can try it, and see if it works for you, or keep doing what you're doing now and continue losing.

I've said my piece. I hope that whatever the outcome is that you're happy with it.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you know the there's a thread all about how to post hands in that area of this forum? Did you care? Or are you just here to make excuses? If you can't figure out something as simple as that, you'll never beat even 1c/2c.

I thought this forum was to help beginners. My mistake.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I thought this forum was to help beginners. My mistake.

You've tried that exact line on 2+2. Stop repeating yourself and get new content. Also, post a hand history!