How did you start playing poker?

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sit n go's short stack strategy =) Came across in his time at the school of poker

For me, it was in prison. We would play for ramen noodle soups. Taught by some really good card players.
a cruel fate led on the right path :)

Last edited by a moderator:
vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started to play a lot of freerolls and played at very low limits in order to raise a bankroll and learn good game skills, now I understand the game very well and can play both in good tournaments and in cash games at high stakes and to win something, poker is good for me a game where you can spend time and try to win and raise a bankroll!

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Started playing serious poker tournament on pokerstars site when there were available many free tournaments like texas holdem, stud, razz, badugi etc. And could win ticket to weekly tournament.That's how i started experience with poker.

Mundug

Mundug

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play poker fun also tae little money. Many players become millioner to play. But these players dont know stragy. I think all poker type same luck and mind.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I started playing poker almost two years ago. In the first year, I lost my bankroll about 10 times. Now, in the last few months I have been playing freerolls and my bankroll is gradually increasing.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing poker with micro stakes cash games, but I started to lose and started playing freerolls.

swoopdonk

swoopdonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 years old watching my dad play with his friends in the basement on Tuesday nights. Come to think of it that's the way I learned to play pool as well. I sure miss those days. : ) ;)

eddy78

eddy78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my first time

I started on sit and go at PKR a long time ago in 2006, I fell in love on that site, was very cool, nowadays i play only tournaments:D

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw some poker shows on our tv and after that i start to play poker. Usually i played the freerolls basically, also tryed to play some cash games without any success.

DanielSpaan

DanielSpaan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learnt it from friends, a lot of play, and begin to watch poker on video ect

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend introduced me this game and I started playing since that

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started to play home games with my friends LIVE and then I decided to try online poker, that's basically my story

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm acquainted with poker and my first playing in poker be in online game "the king of poker" the ten years ago and I see tv show " ЗВЕЗДА ПОКЕРА" in russian tv channel.

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I started playing poker about three years ago for play money. Later I learned about freerolls and when I already had money won I started playing tournaments on microlimits ....

V

Vander44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Starting playing cash games and small tournaments with friends at shcool after watching Moneymaker win the main event.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't remember which year, (I do not want to). free poker capital was offered by a poker site. I was very happy when I got it and started playing cash games at full tilt poker. First Cash Game, then Sit & Go, finally MTT.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker for about two years now. I started playing in 2017 and started with freerolls. Since then, I have not actually stopped playing. I really love this game and it is my favorite hobby.

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played at school. We played for matches ))) After that social network poker and then real poker. Dafapoker was my 1st room♥

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Micro stakes cash for me. I started at the very lowest stakes, 1c/2c. I slowly worked my way up the stakes by playing and studying every single night and then turned pro.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have begun from the play money.

I have begun from the play money.
I thought "It could win easily more than I thought."

I did the real money in the next.
A house is "party poker".
By setting in those days, when I win,
"Congratulations!" The indication which says so and a fanfare were called off.
The joy of that case isn't forgot even now.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sat down on my uncle's computer chair at the age of 16... pokerstars

that's all she wrote

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
11 years old cousin was babysitting me one saturday night... He played poker with dominos pizza owners every week... I watched four times the different games one of the owners gave me a hoyle handbook... studied different games cribbage etc.. so stopped playing go fish and started playing friends for cash.... after that month i joined into the games with the dominos crews by time was 12 was taking down 100 a night in those games. I had a real knack and was very lucky most of the time I played....

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
On line micro stake cash games into micro lvl SnG. Took a break, now am looking to take a shoot at micro lvl MTTs.

S

SoulMan87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend was playing and he knew Im good in maths so he was often giving me some excersice to calculate odds or something. Once when he was visiting me, he said he is going to play small live tournament and asked me if I would like to go with him. It was over 10 years a go and since then I'm playing time to time.