I can feel your pain bro =)

S

Steve_StudAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice one.

So ev suggests you have to go, no choice, long term, that play pays.

But here is why I think poker sites have killed the game of poker.

As I suspected, the donks had even less then I had put them on.

Donk UTG1 has inside straight and flush draw. 20% on the turn to hit, throws in all his chips with an ace on the board.

Button Donk, TP, shit kicker, 2 other cards on the board not helping his shit kicker and a flush draw. 20% to hit on the turn facing an allin already.

The 1 miracle card hits for SF and the A high flush hits, the quad 6 hits, in remaining 3 hands.

That could not have been any better if it was design.

Great chat if it was something you only rarely seen, but it's not really that rare anymore.

When I first started to play online poker, many years ago, a 3 dollar buyin MTT would get over 20,000 players easily. 180 SnG would fill inside a minute.

But there was a lot of chat on both sides about the RNG being geared to action.

Well, I'm not going to get into what has or has not been proven, but one thing is certain, popularity of these sites has dropped significantly.

There are plenty of people, and more casual players that would look at dropping 20 or 30 bucks a week on online poker without batting eye and calling it entertainment. They don't though. You know why they don't? Because they don't mind being beat by better players or being beat by luck. But being beat by design makes you feel stupid, ripped off and worthless.

One day, some poker site will figure this out and become very popular once again.

And don't tell it's not popular because it's banned in the USA. It only got banned because when confronted, the sites refused to go legit leaving the Government no other alternative but to protect it's citizens from this massive fraud.

Last edited:
Zeimar Silva

Zeimar Silva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wowwww

Wow ... that's the game. The best thing to do is to enter another tournament. Is part of the variance.

It is part of the life of the poker player.

S

Steve_StudAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not part of variance.

I seen essentially the same tonight. TY I was dealt the 83os. But AA KK and 52s went all in PF. The 5 2s flopped the SF. That was in a 7.50 buy in. What I did not understand the most, was the 5 2s decision. It was 100 from ITM, player was not short stacked, had plenty of time to wait for a better hand.

It is part of online poker, but putting it down to variance is deceiving yourself.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands