How you learned to play poker.

DanielSpaan

DanielSpaan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learnt it from friends 17 years ago... But they cheat by shuffling ... Good times ;)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi the ALL! As far as remember, first understanding, when I observed for the poker, that I watch this game,
in order to learn how more and better: this a serie the famous TV shows under name Poker After Dark...
Was a very interesting, exciting and most important instructive! I remember this time with the pleasure and gratitude!:)

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned only through youtube, I can not say that I learned and now, I always learn something new every day playing.

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm learning psychoanalysis a lot to learn the poker ;)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I joined a few training sites and watched a lot of poker videos.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Master the art of bluffing is a good thing. Who does not risk - that does not drink champagne and, consequently, who does not drink champagne - he was risking. :cheers::nurse::ciao:

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started play poker there was a good opportunity on the Intellipoker. But it unfortunately is not working. I wisited this site leter as well, because always was any interesting. I liked when topifish was looking for a mistake

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of playing and lot of reading.

When I was too young to play I would watch the family card games and see who the winning and why. Typically it was the tighter players who would bet instead of call when they were in a hand. When I got to play, I tried to bet a lot as well but still played too loose and with no understanding of position and why it was important.

After doing some reading and understanding how and why position influences the action, I learned to pay more attention and plan out the action that may occur after I make my play.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trial and error.... around the Moneymaker boom I started playing at Hollywood Poker. Took a little bit of time but did pretty well running bank from freerolls.

B

Biibel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books and freerolls, few years heavily losing poker but i think that's the dues you just to have to pay.

Walttinho

Walttinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
watch an EPT there I went to research about and I liked what I saw there I was improving here I am

P

pacificatorul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First steps: learn the basic rules, eg flush > straight, then played small stakes and then read some poker books

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing with friends at college.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was invited to a friend's house to play and watched a few hours of wsop on TV before going over. I also had a 'what beats what' card with me when I went to play and continued after that.