Chips
On tv during the poker boom 2004.

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every wen. night growing up was poker night..... texas hold em........i miss him and those wen nights so much

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My father taught me when I was about 6 years old. Ever since I've loved to play.

LumeBStackin

LumeBStackin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm 31. My grandpa taught me hold em when I was 7 years old. That and 5 card draw were our games of choice. Good times. I remember the deck we used had the Budweiser logo on them. I sure misses those days.

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
8 years ago I registered at pokerstars and then there were a lot of freerolls and I played all the games, now I play very little, and it all started with the programs on TV.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wsop on ESPN and Rounders.

In highschool id watch each episode as it aired, and id rewatch the previous years before the new "season" started.

Was great practice as I now have 6 WSOP FT's and a bracelet. :)

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was still in principle a little boy, years ago they were back, was with the family at sea, and the older brother showed me the game "poker". After that, she liked me very much and I began playing conditional chess.

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to watch movies, but I did not go deep into poker, then I saw a lot of different videos related to poker on the net, and then my friend started to play, and I started to play, and then I gradually got hooked to poker.

J

jmac4909

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching twitch streamers grind out all day. People like KMArt and Lex make it really fun to watch and make it very instructive

Jancianna

Jancianna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought it would be a nice way of making money so I looked it up on the internet and stuff. Before I saw classmates play it but I was never really interested in it very much.

A

arrgggy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
learned to play on pokerstars

I learned on pokerstars until they shut down in the usa. :p

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From my father, TV and then friends. It was very popular amongst my friends back in 2006, I had some great nights playing poker with my friends. My good friend turbo was the host every Thursday night and there's was at least ten of us every week. Rip turbo, he was a good friend.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My neighbor took me to a private tournament game. I didn't cash but I made final table and I was hooked :)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got to know poker through movies and the Internet. Then on the Internet, I studied the rules of poker, read the forums and watched the video online, and then practiced on virtual money.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, nice memory, was a lot of fun. I loved it :)

LCool888

LCool888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching the WSOP on TV when I was like 9 years old and then playing with my cousins, good memories!

Vlad_Borokh

Vlad_Borokh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got acquainted with poker just recently. I met a man, we talked on skype, and he told me that he plays poker. Well, I was interested in this, and I thought - why do not I try myself as a poker player.

R

RunoMont

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first in the movies. Then a girlfriend thought me the rules and I started later playing an offline poker game to learn how to be on the tables.

T

TheWiseWeasel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From at tv show on a sport channel in my country.That will be like 8 years ago.I still remember the show use to start like 23:30 cause of laws(so children can't watch it :) )

A

andreii955

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WSOP

From at tv show on a sport channel in my country.That will be like 8 years ago.I still remember the show use to start like 23:30 cause of laws(so children can't watch it :) )
Watching at WSOP 2010 ? :p

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Incredible stories.
Thank you all for sharing.

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play many freerools tournaments

H

Haemophile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Accidently flicking through the channels on my sky box i came across channel 861 which was a dedicated channel for skypoker didn't have a clue but loved the strategy and the mathematics involved while also just listening to richard orford and the guests as they analysed peoples hands. this was 6 years ago when i was 31 so a late start for me but have been playing ever since

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once I went to a friend's house to spend the afternoon, they took out a little box and there were the cards and the chips and they told me you know how to play poker? I said no, and well from there I started to play because that was 9 years ago already.