How did you build your bankroll?

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won a card chat freeroll (I took 2nd place) $ 15 and I made them in 7 days 400 and since I could not withdraw them (I never made a deposit) and in 2 3 weeks I lost them. And now I'm trying again to create a bankroll through freerolls.

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In 3 months I got two small bankrolls on different rooms by playing freerolls with thousands of entrants, I was completely new for the game of poker.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
justefrome playing freerolls.....

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First Deposit on pokerstars I made the parts in the sum of 35 $. Given the fact that I had little experience - all the money I lost quickly in such games as Beat the Clock, SPIN&GO. Hence the lesson - to poker roulette it is better not to play. Later, on CardsChat freerolls I regain your Deposit and withdraw it. At the moment I will try to build my bankroll cent for a cent, playing in accordance with my bankroll.

psyho26

psyho26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play aggressive bankroll management)
only hardcore

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2003 on a friday decided to not go to bar downloaded americas cardroom they had an 8pm freeroll 400 chips starting stack with rebuys add ons i won the thing they had a sportsbetting rule of 3 times winning bet so i i ran it up to 5k and financed my entire poker career some 60 sites ive withdrawn from. I deposited for first time in life this year using bitcoin in january anywhere. I do a mixture of buy ins daily micros right now and freerolls in past have ran as high as 5/10 nl ring feel ive conquered 50/1.00 range online and 2/5 live. Back in day tried to play 10-12 mtts per day spending 10.00 per buy in now im sick a lot and havent made a real push in the last two years even entering big buy ins which I could. I bigger ones had a stroke so wanted to make sure mind was where was in past when at top of game and played 2 years as pro for my liff's needs imho my game is at highest point ever health aint agreeing so you might watch me make a push or you'll see me happily sitting where am and having fun with friends and playing against myself :)

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played freerolls every day for a while, got in the cardschat freeroll and won $40 from taking second place in that freeroll.

I then continued to play tournament poker and took second in a $10 bounty tournament building my bankroll up to just above two hundred dollars. From there I have been playing more tournies and occasionally some cash games and have been pretty stagnant.

Narciso

Narciso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The secret is to win, and almost never lose !! Playing only Freeroll this happens !!

Bagmet

Bagmet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment is no secret , all lost in the excitement. Hope in cardschat to gain the prize on a few tables in the cache irah 0.01-0.02, and a little increase there . keeping your head sane . Losing foolishly tired((

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just try to build my bankroll with freerolls and micro stack games (0.10$ and 0.25$). And sometimes frustrates this me, because it goes so slow. But at the end, I'm proud of what I'm building up!

M

Mcash2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started way back in the day. (2005 or so) Bought on at Ultimate Bet, I think, for $25 and lost it quick like. Started reading books and found forums and articles and reloaded for $50. Soon learned of getting rake back, and as a break-even player, started gaining a bankroll. First thing I did was cashout my $50, so I knew everything from then on out was pure winnings on my poker endeavor.

I played non-stop, multi-tabling, in a, lucrative-yet-unsatisfying, very tight pushmonkey style at first. Then I found bonus whoring as I moved into a tight/passive pair of shoes. I know now that I never really learned much theory, as I ground my way up stakes to $1/$2 from the penny tables, on sites such as Party, UB, Stars, FT, and a small start-up site that had 100% rake back, yet few open tables. With relatively little acquired skill, I also became a blogger, teaching the meek how I plied my barely level 2 thinking trade. I made over 10K, until apparently free US players, were kicked out of the online poker industry. FT still has $300 of my bankroll and an online bank duped me by having a $1500 transfer policy, yet let me transfer less than that requirement into my account. So, needless to say, I have $100 rotting in cyberspace.

After a long hiatus, a friend told me a site took US players again. I deposited $50 on BOL and cashed out my deposit and a few hundo, leaving a small $50 bankroll of fish money. It sat there idle while I took 6 months off to write a fantasy novel, although I should have had it procuring money in my bitcoin account. (note: if you have a base portion of your bankroll that you never delve into, as you should with proper safe bankroll management, it would be making you dividends and profit in an acorn or bitcoin account, etc. Why let the sites claim your interest. Hell, they already get your rake. It would still be a part of your bankroll, just in a different spot, and if you needed a portion as you went up stakes or had a bad swing, merely deposit it instantly from one of those accounts. Sorry to get off topic, but if your idle money could be making you money it seems like a positive thing. You don't even need to learn the stock market or money exchange rates, just put it in there.)

With no rake back or bonuses, I realized that it was time for a change and begun studying theory, the maths, hand-reading, style equity, etc. I switched my style to a looser more aggressive game. 27/9.4/3.2. Still tweaking it, but in 30,000 hands I am averaging 13.01 BB/100. Better than I was averaging with tight/passive play.

Anyways, learning my new style was expensive, and I busted for the first time in my career at 2NL and 10NL. Wasn't really my money, but it still hurt. Had to wait till payday to reload, so I played some freerolls and entered a few cash tourneys with VIP points I had accumulated. In 2 days I had amassed $60 from several deep final tables finishes. So I was back in the penny games without reloading. The wife liked that scenario.

I found this forum and it reminded me the old days blogging. I found that ACR takes US players and has a rake back program of 27%. Downloaded and looked around and found they had all kind of incentive programs and active tables at all levels. Reminiscent of Full Tilt. Currently waiting on my money from BOL to reach my bitcoin account. I will keep studying and not just be satisfied with winning the small change the sharks let drop from the full hands. I want to be good, and I want to get back to $1/$2 again without being a nit this time.

...well, you said you wanted our stories!

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just interested in hearing how successful players moved up the stakes, in how long time etc.
. Is limit games full ring the way to go etc?
And////
If you've been away from the games for a while, I'd recommend that you start out at very small stakes regardless of your bankroll. Play a few thousand hands at each level, making sure that you're confident about your edge. If you get to a level where you aren't confident, play there for a while until you are.

Antulio francis

Antulio francis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To build a beautiful box you must in the minino have in cash some value type if you usually play mtt you must have in the minino 20x the tournament buy to feel at ease and thus will have a good amount of the buy of the tournament that you play is Essential to get good result gl

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would recommend 1$ sngs seein as you're a tourney player. Big mistakes a winning tournament player, playing cash games.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management