How to study poker when you do not have the tools?

jorge rodriguez

jorge rodriguez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is impossible for me to study and improve my game since I do not have a computer, I play through my cell phone and the data collection programs are not compatible, I do not have friends with whom I can discuss my hands and even in the forums I can discuss them because they are not compatible programs that are used ... the only thing I have left is to write down the hand played and then review it but it does not make much sense since the only opinion I have is my own so it does not change anything vision on said play. I really need help or it will be impossible for me to improve

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to get started is to read at least a couple of books, you can start with Harrington, to watch a stream on twitch, there are some good players

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
youtube bro, there re tons of videos about strategy or playing

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books and online tutorials (YouTube, etc.) are great options. Also, even though you don't have access to the tools many people use while playing online, I do think you could still post your hands to the CardsChat forum. It will take you some time to type everything in on a phone but, if you provide detailed information, you're likely to receive helpful feedback.

Good luck!

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is impossible for me to study and improve my game since I do not have a computer, I play through my cell phone and the data collection programs are not compatible, I do not have friends with whom I can discuss my hands and even in the forums I can discuss them because they are not compatible programs that are used ... the only thing I have left is to write down the hand played and then review it but it does not make much sense since the only opinion I have is my own so it does not change anything vision on said play. I really need help or it will be impossible for me to improve

Maybe you can try going to a library or something where you can get access to a computer and do studying with articles that way. There's basic stuff you can learn that just needs memorization, so if you can get access to it, you can study those things.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The first thing you should do is read as many books and articles that you can (both on and offline). You should also be able to watch Youtube videos on your phone and there are ple ty of pros with channels and you can see hands being played and commentary on them. You can also put in detailed descriptions of hands on here for people to discuss. Finally, you can have friends observe your play and comment or start a blog and again, put up detailed descriptions and have people discuss them. There are lots of ways, you just need to be creative.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Download the App TakeEV and Poker Analytics. TakeEV is and odd calculator and you can record you hand history on Poker Analytics. Take those hands and make sure you calling with the proper pot odds. If you don’t understand pot odds there’s plenty of books and videos that will help you with that.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey.
Go to the library, admission is free and there is a computer. Print out a few basic poker books and read them in your free time. Take notes on obscure things and find answers on the Internet in your next visit. All this does not take much time.
Good luck.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use youtube videos now and then. Search for situations that you want advice on.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, I wonder if you only play freerolls, or even micro limits, or are playing levels. like most you said you prune to use tutorials, but I recommend you try to find a netbook, because there is support software for beginners as well as for advanced levels, greetings

jorge rodriguez

jorge rodriguez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thank you very much for all the advice ... I think you did not understand very well what I was referring to, when I said that I find it difficult to study, I referred to reviewing my own hands, which in turn are many, to have the opinion of someone better than me and at the same time players of my level, I can upload a sequence of hands to see where I make more mistakes, I find it difficult to study because I do not have friends who play poker and the only vision I have of the hands that is my game so the vision does not change much, I do not have a computer and the database software is not compatible with my phone. I was able to easily overcome NL2 and NL5 but it is getting very difficult NL10 and I can not find the errors due to lack of other vision

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Welcome to our community.
I have been playing poker for 9 years. I have never used any additional software, in my opinion it significantly limits the development of player skills. But in any case, you will need a computer for training and daily practice. You can use the phone, but only when you have a connection problem.
Good luck.

Trillian

Trillian

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Frankly? Who can live without a computer in 2019? For running free tools like FPDB and Equilab any machine will do. Only solvers need much cpu power but that isn't needed for smallstakes.

R

rproctor5076

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i think you tube is a great source i learned from doug polk on there

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Frankly? Who can live without a computer in 2019? For running free tools like FPDB and Equilab any machine will do. Only solvers need much cpu power but that isn't needed for smallstakes.

It's True We Are Very Privileged To Have "Tools" Like Personal Computers at Home...

pageone0414-1.jpg

If I Had No Tools To Learn Poker, I'd Try To Find a Library which are becoming Scarce In The Modern World but there you'd find a source of Literature which may Help...

Friend's that Live Close Could Help By Being your Opponents In Live Games...

kids-at-dumpsite-2.jpg

Practice Makes Perfect, They Say...

If You Have No Friends and No Tools In The Very Least You'll Need a Pack Of Cards and Keep Dealing them Out To Imaginary Opponents... A Game That you will Ultimately Win Every Time.

Stop When The Fun Stops but Never Stop While There is Still Life Left In You:eek::eek::eek:

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
best thing you can do is play more. the more you play the more you learn.

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i must train yourself to remember i guess lol

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
from your mobile phone you can take a screenshot of the hands played, and then publish it here with a description and discuss the correctness of the decision made !!!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As an old timer, I still rely mainly on books. But I have been found plenty of excellent materials on the web, either e-books or tutorials etc.

Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend watching Evan Jarvis (Gripsed) on youtube.
what he talks about you can use for micro/low stakes mtt/cash games
:pcguru::fight::icon_tong

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the first win buy a cheap computer, and your career will go up)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not like playing poker on my smartphone. It is much more comfortable to play on your computer. If you have serious intentions, then it is obvious that you will need a computer.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is so much content out there in all media forms. Might have less choices than someone playing on a computer as hand history is a huge bonus to finding leaks but still have plenty of options. Found many books I considered buying at the local library. Even had training video that you could have for a couple days.

Where there's a will, there's in a way, Good luck on the obstacles in the path of you're learning journey.

U

urachicho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch streams on Twitch, not necessarily of the "big streamers" because there are lots of streamers with few viewers but much better performances "imo".

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even with the phone, you can improve your game - you can read useful articles, watch educational videos and broadcast good players! this will be enough to play at low limits