How to Study Poker with Katie Dozier and Collin Moshman (Video)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you want to be successful in anything in life you have to put in the work! Poker is no different! Improving your game means putting in some time off the felts to study your game and poker strategy. But what way is the best way to learn poker?

CardsChat Ambassadors and Poker Experts Katie Dozier and Collin Moshman talk about some great methods and ways to put in some study and learn poker better. Check out their video on our YouTube channel:

What are some tried and true methods of poker study that have worked for you?

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
awesome...I have been following their sng thread...this is new...thanks for the link...I am looking forward to their ebook for CardsChat...although I would prefer an audiobook or video as I don't like to read (bad eyes)...:) thanks again for the post...

Last edited:
Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to be successful in anything in life you have to put in the work! Poker is no different! Improving your game means putting in some time off the felts to study your game and poker strategy. But what way is the best way to learn poker?

CardsChat Ambassadors and Poker Experts Katie Dozier and Collin Moshman talk about some great methods and ways to put in some study and learn poker better. Check out their video on our YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z14M-1lkBec

What are some tried and true methods of poker study that have worked for you?
two of the best poker experts and there are CC embassadors , it s really great to have them here with us in Cardschat , just finished watching the video , i learn much from it , im always improving my poker skills , thank you guys .

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the '5 hours of studying for every played hour' sounds ridiculous to me :D

if I play a tournament for 5 hours I should study 25 hours?!
So I play for 1 day and study for 2 weeks haha
maybe it's the other way around: 5 hours of playing -> 1 hour of studying

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Stipulate the amount of hours that each one should study is bad, because each one has their time to assimilate things and find the best method of studying (be it through books, audio or perhaps video) to memorize and apply the concepts.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Over the days, I have realized that I am more efficient if I detail what to study.
Usually I organize before studying and thus make a commitment to do so.

I love watching videos to perfect my thinking about the game, I like to watch reviews and some tournaments played and recorded.
When I am in the mood, I review some tournaments ... but I confess that I need to start making this habit.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you very much guys, you do an excellent job, I like your videos a lot, the poker videos are my favorites, please leave a link to follow on twitter

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent video, it is very important to study, and this type of video helps us to know how to study in a better way.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have and use many tools of poker, not read a lot. but i really feel the best way to learn is hands on- many hours ,first off if your just starting, then play freerolls and chip games, but actually when serious spend a certain amount of $ $, you gain from loosing and will quickly find out mistakes.. reading up on mistakes can help correct ur game and further ur knowledge

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I dont think, they are really recommending that either, and I dont know, where it come from? Especially for new players it seem more reasonable to play 5 hours and study 1, as you say. Otherwise there is a risk, you learn to talk poker more than play poker. But lets be honest. Most of us probably dont even study 1 hour for every 5, we play, and that definitely does slow our development.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
awesome...I have been following their sng thread...this is new...thanks for the link...I am looking forward to their ebook for CardsChat...although I would prefer an audiobook or video as I don't like to read (bad eyes)...:) thanks again for the post...
There will be a lot of components to it. You guys are going to love it!

two of the best poker experts and there are CC embassadors , it s really great to have them here with us in Cardschat , just finished watching the video , i learn much from it , im always improving my poker skills , thank you guys .
We are thrilled they're here too. :D

Stipulate the amount of hours that each one should study is bad, because each one has their time to assimilate things and find the best method of studying (be it through books, audio or perhaps video) to memorize and apply the concepts.
Yeah, Katie was pointing out how that's pretty unrealistic for just about everyone. I think the gist of it is, find what works best for you.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TY for te great vid!
Cant wait to see all of the new releases from these guys! #HYPE

1 - "5 hours of studying for every played hour" - sounds like what you shoud do.... but wil you LUL
2 - "Over the days, I have realized that I am more efficient if I detail what to study" - makes sence. you go abit ICM, others post flop. I like this ;)

also loved the part about the coach. at some point I think you will just have too..

again to you fgor the great content, hopeing for some new videos.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great video , although I would prefer to read - that would be the method that works best for me . I am oldschool and it was the only way I learned how to study, by reading the notes over and over and even writing them out til I memorized them. So, for me to watch a video - I can do the studying a hey who lot faster by reading.
I also feel everyone has a different absorbing point and to tell people this is how long you need to study - is not for everyone. Videos are hard for me as I need to read things and I learn better - like doing something like baking, cooking , sewing etc.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I agree, that's a lot. But maybe one can study and in parallel play the early stages of a tournament. That's when I don't concentrate fully on the game but tend to do other stuff.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, yes, I like this video series, and as they say the boys in the video, each item that goes up to the forum is important and they that are updated study on poker there are many things that one must choose to study every day, forum varieties important for what you want to achieve in your game items is, personally eh learned from various published articles, the caluculadora of odds is what I was missing in my game, I helped me enough to improve my game. Too bad there are books in English and not Spanish. I think I need to learn.

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for video, Katie and Collin and Cardschat! Studying of poker was always my Achilles` heel. I like to play poker, but it`s always diffiult for me to study... But last time I try to fix this problem and my goal nowerdays is to devote minimum 1 hour per day for studying of poker game.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Nice video with a simple presentation. The opinion of two experienced players is very interesting. I study poker on line, or I see videos from games or videos about poker generally.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, the best training format is to play the poker 4 days a week, and 1 day used only for of training. During 1 day of training, need to open poker software for about 2 hours, the remaining 3 hours spend studying the history of the hands of a poker tracker or hold'em manager.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, Katie was pointing out how that's pretty unrealistic for just about everyone. I think the gist of it is, find what works best for you.

That’s it exactly, Tammy! :)

Thanks very much for all the nice comments in this thread! Hope everyone runs great this weekend (and that we all manage to find a little time to study too haha). [emoji41]

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is interesting to look at people who represent cards on the world stage! I made a video that I need to teach mathematics to work with software, and practice. Otherwise, learn to learn more times to study!

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Good job on the video.
Training yourself and studying the game is extremely important, if you want to advance in any field.
In poker even more so. I love the training videos in CC's YouTube channel. Thanks, Katie and Collin!

P.S. I seem to be struggling a lot with my PT4 review features. May I suggest a (rather long and simplistic) video on the use of it?
Call it "HUDs for Dummies"! :D

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks very much guys for the nice comments and for the great video suggestion, PsychoVad! :)

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
thank you for the videos, always helping me improve my game at the poker tables, each new video new learning