How to relax in MTT.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
------------------Good day friends!):smile:----------------------
I want to ask you how you relax during the MTT sessions, because the break is only 5 minutes.(Why am I asking?Recently, there was a feeling of fatigue and the sharpness of vision began to fall a little.:(I play an average of 20-30 tournaments in 8-12 hours.:flybye:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My goal is to not be relaxed while I play but be alert but to really answer this question you will need to experiment with different things that make you feel the best while playing. I know what works for me will not work for others. Example is that I never eat before I play or during playing. Eating always seems to sag me down and make me sleepy. However I am also a person who eats only once a day and have done so for about 20 years now. I say all that because you will need to find what your body likes. Some people get charged up when they eat something (Could be fruit, could be pretzels, could be anything) but that something is what you will have to figure out.

I say the same about drinks as well. Some people love energy drinks, for others like myself it makes me feel like my heart is about to beat out my chest. All I can say unless you drink alcohol regularly I would not recommend it during games unless you are training your brain to handle it while playing (meaning if you drink while you play to get yourself used to playing while "handicapped" a little then your mind will be even sharper when it is clear).

As far as movement is concerned this is the one area I think I can be absolute on and that is you need to move. Not only during breaks but during the hour. If you play few tables then you walk around in between hands. If you play many tables then you can at least stand and play instead of only sit and play and that will at least get your blood flowing a little bit.

Summing up, try different things as far as what you ingest into your body and see what perks you up and use those. Move around as much as you can during play and definitely on breaks.

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do you mean with "relax"? You are playing a mentally demanding game for 8 hours. You can not stress but I don't know if "relax" is the state that a player wants

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
------------------Good day friends!):smile:----------------------
I want to ask you how you relax during the MTT sessions, because the break is only 5 minutes.(Why am I asking?Recently, there was a feeling of fatigue and the sharpness of vision began to fall a little.:(I play an average of 20-30 tournaments in 8-12 hours.:flybye:

I actually like to meditate when possible every few hours. It usually shakes the fatigue this way and usually keep up the sharpness needed to keep on playing.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I switched up my mtt schedule and now I only play one re-buy/add-on mtt a day, in the morning. It's freed up my afternoons and evening and I can do a lot more things I've been putting off or haven't been able to give my full attention. I do feel more relaxed because I don't feel like I've tied myself down to playing multiple mtts throughout the day that could last hours.

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to listen to Bethoven classic music.I really feel comfortable at my game and I suggest you do the same if you like classic music of course.

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My way to relax is to play some soothing music while playing poker

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me.. the best condition i had when playing a long MTT is with Trenta size coffee and a box of cake

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I know lately, I will say hey google, set alarm for 5 minutes. Then I know I will be snapped back into reality when the alarm goes off and that the 5 minute break is over.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know lately, I will say hey google, set alarm for 5 minutes. Then I know I will be snapped back into reality when the alarm goes off and that the 5 minute break is over.
:):hahaha::thrasher::pcguru:

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me.. the best condition i had when playing a long MTT is with Trenta size coffee and a box of cake
Hi!:)
I'm not small enough as it is.)If I follow your advice, I will become as big as Gargantua.):pepsi::icon_chee

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I usually play 4-6 hours a day, no more. And that is why I do not have time to get very tired. I think that spending more than 6 hours on the computer is bad for my health, so I am not abusing it.
Good luck.