How to recognize several poker styles in Poker Online?

A

analudias

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to recognize several poker styles in poker online?
I have some difficult to recognize poker styles in poker online (bluffer / agressive / passive / crazy players). Can you help me with some tips in order to improve my skills and avoid loosing ships when not necessary?:):):)

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I'm sorry, but I can't tell you much about it because as long as you haven't gained enough experience it is difficult to distinguish between them. And of course I don't know, but I think you are still quite new to poker, so I advise you not to try to know who is a bluffer and who is not, but only to play by your cards first. If you have good cards in hand then play if there are bad cards then fold them and of course if you have not already folded preflop you should always check whether your cards match what is on the table. Everything else comes later when you have gained more experience and acquired more knowledge

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have some difficult to recognize poker styles in poker online (bluffer / agressive / passive / crazy players). Can you help me with some tips in order to improve my skills and avoid loosing ships when not necessary?:):):)

The problem is you question is not an easy one to define. What one person calls crazy player may not be crazy at all. Its more based on math and what your style may look like to you. I may actually play against someone I define as tight but to you there loose.

A bluffer, You will see them but they are hard to see many times. You need to see them bluff many times before you know for sure and compare it to what good hands they show. You may see him bluff you 3 times in a row but if you are not really paying attention to the other hands he plays against others he had shown 100 times the absolute nuts. I have played for years against some people and still cant say there bluffers or not. I would not worry about this.

An a aggressive player is a player who raises or bets when they have a hand there playing compared to the calls they make. They may call 1 in 3 times even though they are a aggressive player.

Passive players are just that. They dont raise and just limp in or call when in a hand. When they start betting you had better look out since they more likely have a monster.

Wild crazy players are just that. They play way to many hands than they should and will raise and re-raise you all the time betting very large more often than not. They are raising hands they should not. Take say pocket 4's. Not a good hand to 3 bet but can be at time. When they have it they will 3 bet and 4 bet you every time. All they know is bet bet bet.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will do my best to help.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hey there!

Here is a video to help you with spotting the common player types (3 strong, 3 weak)

And if you'd like adjustments for how to deal with them, here is a playlist for that

edit(it won't let me post a playlist so i'm just going to link each of the videos here)

To really get it down though you'll probably want to start using a headsup display to get more data on your opponents. Here is a link to get a 2 week free trial - http://gripsed.com/pt4

Hope that helps!

A

analudias

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks!

Many thanks, guys! Very helpful and interesting information.