how to recognize a bluff and make a bluff

Jauheni Danilenka

Jauheni Danilenka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to know how to play a player. To begin we must also bluff the flop, showing a strong hand. But do not get carried away, because you can get a substantial minus in BR

G

GotNoMercy4u

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what position is best to bluff?
How to find opponent is bluffing.

Wow good question!!!!

Poker could be called '' Bluffer ''!?
U get AK and raise preflop, get two callers. On the flop come
8Q2
Normaly u make a C bet half a pot or 2/3 of a pot. Are u bluffing?

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you are the last to speak and no one has risen before you become easier to bluff. If the flop came out and has two equal cards, or two cards of the same suit and no one has also increased to easy bluffing. To recognize a bluff most of the time, it is only if the villain pretends to have the same good cards you have on hand. I find it hard to recognize a bluff when the villain goes all in.

PK_ing

PK_ing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Detecting a bluff has a lot to do with how they played the rest of the hand and what the board texture is. If the bet sizing and behavior of your opponent (i.e. limps/checked street/passive preflop play) indicates they were possibly drawing for a hand, but came up short on the river, they could potentially be trying to turn their hand into a bluff if they lead out for much more than they were previously or if they re-raise you after playing passive the whole hand and the river is a blank. That being said, it is by no means 100% and some of your decision making must come from getting an accurate read on your opponent based off of more than just this hand.

As for making a bluff, essentially apply the aforementioned logic to your own hand, but don't make it blatantly obvious. Bluffing is all about deception; if you play weak all hand, then shove on the river when all drawing hands missed, it is predictable. Playing strong/consistently throughout the entirety of the hand is important, just be careful to not do so recklessly.

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
really I love to bluff on the button and UTG position

Andriy Doshchyn

Andriy Doshchyn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a very important concept from game theory called «putting yourself in other's shoes». So, when you bluff - just look at your stats and think about how villain will interpret them. As I think, stats of the villain really aren't very good choice in decision making of bluff vs good player, because he can look at them and estimate your play.