How to play on tables when everybody Limp ?

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's a low stakes fishfest you can consider donk betting 2 pair or better hands on the flop assuming the board texture isn't too draw heavy (donk betting a draw heavy board with top pair or 2 pair would be suicidal), and include more speculative hands in your overlimping range. The reason for this is if its a passive table everyone may check and get to see a free turn card.

I find it interesting that you say donk betting in this situation would be suicidal. I would have thought that's quite a good spot to donk bet. Top pair or two pair is a decent hand, and on a draw heavy board I would want to make my opponent pay to see another card. If I check here then it gives them an opportunity to see a free card to complete their draw?

And if they call and the draw doesn't complete, then you can keep betting, and if it does complete then you can slow down.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically raise on position sometimes and when you have a good hand out of position, raise for sure. Put the pressure on them.
If they always limp, they are not good players. Take advantage on this.
Cheers,
M.D.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would wait for a good hand, and then raise bigger. You need to adjust to the people you are playing against. If a 3x bb raise fails to get folds, then maybe it is time to try raising 5x or even 10 bb. They will either all fold, or one of them will make a very bad call and haemorrhage money, so both of these scenarios are good.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
wait until you have a good hand, and act as appropriate

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should play more aggressive with good hands to make sure you do not get called by many players. But you can also limp along with mediocre hands because you often get great pot odds if people limp a lot...

C

clave7777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience patience and hit hard with the nuts

D

DevaCat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously, limpers are my favourite types of villain. They're literally gifting you cash- I win at 75bb/100 facing one limper, 66bb/ 100 facing multiple limpers. Route to profit:

1. Villain limps
2. Ideally, hero is in CO or BTN
3. Have hand that is ahead of limping range (the best types of limper are those who are like 50/15, as they have a capped range without monsters in there), which might be as wide as top 20-30% of hands, depending on villain's limping range.
4. Raise to 4bb + 1bb per limper. If they keep sticking around then you can increase this on future rounds- I have some fish who have been calling when raised to 7bb pre flop.
5. If they fold, profit. If they call, fire cbet on vast majority of flops. You have position, range strength, and iniative. This is a very profitable cbet (I'm running at 720bb/100). If they raise pre-flop, just treat it like any other 3-bet until you know otherwise.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it interesting that you say donk betting in this situation would be suicidal. I would have thought that's quite a good spot to donk bet. Top pair or two pair is a decent hand, and on a draw heavy board I would want to make my opponent pay to see another card. If I check here then it gives them an opportunity to see a free card to complete their draw?

And if they call and the draw doesn't complete, then you can keep betting, and if it does complete then you can slow down.

If there is fold equity then there's no problem with trying to get the money in earlier than later. But keep in mind you are multiway and oop, and most recreational players have inelastic calling ranges and can basically have any 2. You won't know if they have a 3 or 2 or 1 gapper. So yeah. You get value from their calls but because you are multiway you are splitting your equity with an extra 1 or 2 players. My preferred strat is to just bet bigger with monster draws or nuts and go smaller with 2nd nuts or top pair (assuming they will call any size). I they fold to big bets then by all means do try to fold them out / iso, or if they call with any pair. I've gotten coolered so many times in multiway spots by betting something like AA, KK pp on a wet board because they just love to call with draws. Tbh I still don't know which strat is more correct vs. inelastic calling ranges on wet boards (bet smaller for 3 streets, or bet big to get value from draws and shut down on bad rivers). I guess you can make an argument for both strats being good. But, triple barrelling my overpairs has gotten me screwed a lot of times. (And regarding slowing down, if you don't triple barrel on a scare river I find they will take the initiative to bluff it). For the record I play mostly vs. live players in a poker bros club. What I've found is that your strat is correct for something like NL2 zoom, at NL5 zoom I would check more on boards like that because I find villain will give you a very tough time. So to sum it up it also depends a lot on opponent type.

B

billiamwedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a decent hand (at least J10 suited), then it is worth it to raise to get hands out of the pot, as well as setting your own price to see the flop and keeping the betting lead to rep big hands. Anyone who open limps is a fish, or is trapping.

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take advantage of it. If you see they do this with crappy hands just overbet your good hands preflop. If they do it w good hands, then limp aswell and let them see that maybe limping is not the best strategy. Wait for good hands to raise and let them pay the price, plus you get to play worse hands by limping aswell.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I would play the top 10% and raise the bet. I may not join the group when I have lower pairs. That is my way and I am sure others will disagree.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If they commit group suicide will u follow them? you have two options, either steal if Hikack or better, or simply fold

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You also want to take note of which of the villans play fit or fold and which ones are calling stations.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
When you raise make sure you are in position and if you don't want a call raise bigger than normal. Everybody hates calling stations.
After the flop take into account the following:
Loose/Passive = Station, Value bet big, only bluff with equity ( they will call with any part of board, BEWARE IF VILLAIN BETS

⦁ Beware of mid-card and broadway heavy flops vs calling stations, those flops hit thier pockets
⦁ Keep in mind that your fishy/stationy opponents won’t be folding with middle pair hands (sometimes not even 3rd pair).

M

Manf1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I liked to play regular tournaments with low and micro limits, because this way i can play more tight with not scare with the blinds

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If your hand is good enough to roll, there would be no drama in you calling or raising.

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Depending on what you've got - raise and get the rubbish hands out and go head to head with someone

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
If you often find yourself in a multiway pot and don't tie anything, it might be worth rethinking your play strategy. Here is a tip that might help you:
Watch your position: Play more aggressively when you are in late position at the table and more reserved when you are in early position. This will allow you to have more information about the actions of other players and make more informed decisions.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
In this case, it is better to play only strong hands in the dealer and button position and defend it in the correct way according to the movement of the opponents on the table, or play connected hands of the same symbol with a raise not exceeding BB×2.

freddsl

freddsl

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when I have BB above the middle of the table, I play aggressive since most people will fold.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Love these players. Just dont go crazy raising preflop and avoid bluffing vs. ultiple opponents post flop. Value bet your big hands big and call when you have good equity instead of raising. Against station types you dont have good fold equity so you make your money via value bets.