How to play on tables when everybody Limp ?

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless you have the nuts be careful.

I myself have limped AA, KK etc from early position hoping that someone raises so I can shove. Take note that I am a novice and only play for fun now.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
When u are in position with hand open raise, but not to high maybe max 3bet. When u are out of position with very good hole cards like AK, TT or so...then raise up a little higher... ;) U have to build up an image at these tables ;)

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
these players play slowly, a definite raise is usually enough

L

lusquinha2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise it, if someone 4bets you in 3 diff. hands, starts suspect about him that he's probably trying to re-steal the blinds in the pot.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

You make the corresponding raises, in corresponding positions with the corresponding cards. Take them with big hands, three of a kind, straight, flush, increase your chips. If it is a tournament the levels will go up, if it is cash move to another table that you feel comfortable with.
Greetings

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As colleagues mentioned above, to reduce the number of players in a hand who limp you should play agrsywen, 4 bet of course have some notes about the players at the table, as some players will limp even with a large raise.

H

hbmaenchen1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
raise or 3 bet is a good way to play against them i guess

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play 3-bet or 4-bet, but not too often as the opponent might have stronger hands and we might lose most of the stack.

D

damas13251

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
big bets with good hand and u can limp as well with some J/10 J/9 s etc.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It all depends on a lot of factors, what position you are in the blinds, how deep in the game, your starting hand, your chip stack. the list go's on, but more importantly how you are seen by others at the table.
Do they think you are tight player or loose player the list go's on and on again.
You should be aiming to raise any pot when there are too many limper's and the general rule is one blind for every limper so if you have the small blind a and big blind plus 4 limper's a 6X bet is normal, but be ready to call an all-in because you get players limping with a massive hand just waiting for someone in late position to raise so they can shove.
I know because I do it often with hands like AA and KK limp early position and hope someone in late position raise's and raise's big enough for me to shove.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise raise again raise 5x bb +)))

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is also my problem when I was started playing poker. I studied and watch some pros play on the internet. What I noticed is that by open raising you are able to eliminate some of those limpers, you should have some knowledge on how to isolate limpers.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can anybody advise me how to play on tables when everybody Limp and then Call me if I ROL? What usually happen is that very often I am in a multiway pot without connect anything and spewing money

Well first of all get your expectations right. If we raise a hand like AK/AQ and pick up 2 limp-callers, we probably only have around 40% equity .But even so a lot of people feel, they are supposed to win the hand 100% of the time. But why? Just because the other players limp-called preflop, and are probably bad, does not mean, they are never supposed to win.

If we miss the flop, our equity drop even further, but even so a lot of people still feel, they "must" C-bet, because they were the preflop aggressor. And this is, where a lot of the "spewing money" comes from. So first of all stop wasting bad C-bets in multiway limp-raised pots. Check back and take a free card, if you have position. Sometimes you will bink that top pair on the turn, and now you can bet for value or call with a strong bluff catcher.

And second its also ok to sometimes limp behind. Or if you are in the blinds go for a complete or knock your option. If people are not going to fold to an isolation raise, then you dont need to be the guy, who always has to make the pot really large, when he is out of position with A9 or 55. This is especially true in tournaments, where stacks are often shallow, and where chip preservation is often more important than chip accumulation.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having so many limpers is a dream scenario for any serious grinder. It is advisable to isolate limpers with stronger range like high broadway cards. Whereas if you get small pocket pair or suited connectors it is more advisable to limp behind especially if you are deep. If you don't flop your set with small pocket pair or two pair/straight draw/flush draw with your suited connectors you should fold your hand on the flop without second guessing. This way you guarantee not spewing any more chips. Hope this is helpful.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is basically a dream table. Find a raise size where you get 1 or 2 callers, identify the callers. Then figure out how big you can raise for them to keep calling with mediocre hands. Play a stronger range than them and you will print money. There have been tables where I've iso raised 30bb pre with premium pairs and still had callers, you can go ham exploiting such preflop stations. If they fold too much postflop you can widen your preflop range a bit and cbet bluff them postflop assuming its not multiway often.

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can anybody advise me how to play on tables when everybody Limp and then Call me if I ROL? What usually happen is that very often I am in a multiway pot without connect anything and spewing money

I love these tables. I just limp with anything that can flop the nuts or near to it. And don't put in a penny more unless I flop some nuts.
Stuff like J9s lose a bit of value as it's not great drawing to your Jack-high flush multi way.
But hands like A5s, even A7s are great as if you flop a flush multi-way there is a higher chance another player has a flush too. Then welcome to value town!

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone advise me how to play at the tables when everyone limps and then they call me if I turn around? What usually happens is that very often I am in a multi-way pot without connecting anything and throwing money away

It will always depend on your position, your stack of chips, the cards you have and in the stage of the tournament from which you find a ROL, it is the most recommended that you do but in the early stages of a tournament many may complete and call you , try to make a strong ROL with more strong hands already made if you have brodways hands and do not connect anything, just c-bet continuation bet of 30% of the pot to defend your raise and if 1 or 2 players call you try to not investing more money in the pot trying to reach the river with the best hand at showdown.

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play good hands aggressively. Raise it up. No need in confirming to the the soft play. Give your table mates some problems. You do not want several limpers to see the flop when you have a good hand. Isolate the hand by raising it up. Generally when everyone is limping in i will come along with medium hands like suited aces and connectors to see a cheap flop. Playing tight until you have a good hand then be sure to bet it a good amount. You can also throw in a few big bets here and there to steal the blinds. Especially if the many limpers have been constantly folding to aggression. If your opening bet is strong enough the limpers will not be calling without a hand. Set the tone that you will not be letting them see a cheap flop when you have a good hand. Picking up dead money a few times an hour adds up.

I do it several times! Nice answer...

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise, start raising big to make them fold when you have good hands. if no good hands then fold or limp like them, you might get easy limps as well and get a cheap flop and get lucky.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a great hand, I would put in a standard raise. With a lousy hand, I might limp myself from the small blind and just call from the big blind...usually do not limp from the button with nothing...doesn't work out well very often.

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree on the play aggressive way... ��

MusterIsBack

MusterIsBack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you feel the players limp and have a lot of sensitivity on their hands, change your table or take advantage of the situation. In this situation, enter the field with more hands and change the type of game to aggression. For example, you can make things more difficult for them with 3.5 BB raise preflop.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally with a solid hand in either the SB or BB position if many are simply limping in it’s a good idea by raising 3 to 3.5 xBB to reduce the number of players playing reducing chance of weak hands winning.

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TAG

Play tight aggressive. That’s the main thing. Do not play unless you come in with a raise, when you got the cards make the appropriate large bet. Also, note if the limpets are trying to trap or just week players. More caution if the trapper but still can trap them. This is a good situation.