How to play small pocket pairs?

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you got enough of a stack, limp with them pre-flop. If you hit, then all's ok. Good luck.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the most part it depends on positioning and stack size. If you're middle/late position and you have at least 30+ bb you can set mine. In most other spots I'd just let them go except if its blind v blind or blind v button and you're looking to jam to steal.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are hands you’re not got to find huge profits in if you’re not choosing the right spots. Much of that will be table dynamics and image. Something to keep in mind is that if the ICM for set mining is 10-1 and how that translate is that if you flop a set is there the possibility to win 10x the bet you call or if they bet 100 into you they should have 900 back. Also playing these hands UTG to the LoJack is risky

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for example, in the deep stack strategy, such small pairs are good especially in position.
when playing with a deep stack, your range should be wider and small pairs are good for this.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With pocket pairs play only through the stake, with raise and Reese raise pass, network and exceptions,but again depends on the stack and depth of the tournament, in the early stages of a clear pass

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
position, stack, opponents .. of it depends on how you'll react with a small pair:jd4::jd4::top:

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play small pairs in late position if there are no raises. It is very hard to know where you are if there is a lot of betting action. Players with over cards will keep betting hoping that you will fold. Of course, if you hit trips, you are in business and if you do not try to keep the betting low and fold to aggression.

At a table where there is not much pre-flop action, I will play those pairs in early or middle position. I will fold them if there is a lot of pre-flop action.

Of course it really hurts when they hit and you are in the muck, but try to avoid wasting chips playing all small pocket pairs. Play them in late position and at tables with little pre-flop action.

They can be very profitable. All the best.

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play smaller pairs to the flop and tend to let them go from there cause after the flop 90% of the time a small pair is beaten. In terms of position I would prefer late position as you can truly see if it is worth playing to begin with but I will play most pairs if all I have to do is simply call the BB.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play small pocket pairs neatly, go limp in late position and see the flop