Chips
I always try to 3bet but if I get re raise I normally fold

fredastar777

fredastar777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends what situation is on table before you must decide... jq always have potencial, but mostly as conectors for straight... because in straight with qt take a part a k, and yours opponents with pair like this mostly call all in.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how deep you are and what is your position in the table.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
QJ looks pretty, but is a hand that will get you into trouble if played poorly. Position is key. I wouldn't play it any earlier than the CO. In an ideal world you raise and everyone folds and you take down the blinds. If you get called by the blinds, OK, you have position. If you get called by the BTN, you're in bad shape and will need to proceed carefully as even if you make a pair, there's a good chance that you are dominated and miles behind.

If you get 3-bet, be prepared to just fold.

C

Casey55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s a solid suited hand the problem is that it gets dominated versus AJ,AQ,KQ, have to be aware of your opponents range and know when there’s a chance you could be outkicked mostly play only the suited versions unless in late position

berberic

berberic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CH
Chips
How To Play QJ (Queen - Jack) - (Small Blind)
There are 11794 hands in our database where the player played QJ (Queen - Jack) in the Small Blind.
54% of players lost money on this hand, for an average loss of 15.4 big blinds.
===================
How To Play QJ (Queen - Jack) - (Big Blind)
There are 12006 hands in our database where the player played QJ (Queen - Jack) in the Big Blind. 52% of players lost money on this hand, for an average loss of 14.2 big blinds.
=====================
How To Play QJ (Queen - Jack) - UTG (Under the Gun)
There are 7158 hands in our database where the player played QJ (Queen - Jack) in the UTG (Under the Gun). 68% of players lost money on this hand, for an average loss of 12.1 big blinds.
=================
How To Play QJ (Queen - Jack) - (Middle Position)
There are 14997 hands in our database where the player played QJ (Queen - Jack) in the Middle Position. 69% of players lost money on this hand, for an average loss of 12.9 big blinds.
================
How To Play QJ (Queen - Jack) - CO (Cut Off)
There are 7220 hands in our database where the player played QJ (Queen - Jack) in the CO (Cut Off). 59% of players lost money on this hand, for an average loss of 15.0 big blinds
================
How To Play QJ (Queen - Jack) - (Button)
There are 9053 hands in our database where the player played QJ (Queen - Jack) in the Button. 58% of players lost money on this hand, for an average loss of 14.7 big blinds.
=============
How To Play QJ (Queen - Jack) - (Any Position)
There are 62252 hands in our database where the player played QJ (Queen - Jack) in the Any Position. 60% of players lost money on this hand, for an average loss of 14.3 big blinds.
=======
can you post the stats also for AKs and AA? just to have a reference for the pourcentage

berberic

berberic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CH
Chips
How To Play QJ (Queen - Jack) - (Small Blind)
There are 11794 hands in our database where the player played QJ (Queen - Jack) in the Small Blind.
54% of players lost money on this hand, for an average loss of 15.4 big blinds.
===================
How To Play QJ (Queen - Jack) - (Big Blind)
There are 12006 hands in our database where the player played QJ (Queen - Jack) in the Big Blind. 52% of players lost money on this hand, for an average loss of 14.2 big blinds.
=====================
How To Play QJ (Queen - Jack) - UTG (Under the Gun)
There are 7158 hands in our database where the player played QJ (Queen - Jack) in the UTG (Under the Gun). 68% of players lost money on this hand, for an average loss of 12.1 big blinds.
=================
How To Play QJ (Queen - Jack) - (Middle Position)
There are 14997 hands in our database where the player played QJ (Queen - Jack) in the Middle Position. 69% of players lost money on this hand, for an average loss of 12.9 big blinds.
================
How To Play QJ (Queen - Jack) - CO (Cut Off)
There are 7220 hands in our database where the player played QJ (Queen - Jack) in the CO (Cut Off). 59% of players lost money on this hand, for an average loss of 15.0 big blinds
================
How To Play QJ (Queen - Jack) - (Button)
There are 9053 hands in our database where the player played QJ (Queen - Jack) in the Button. 58% of players lost money on this hand, for an average loss of 14.7 big blinds.
=============
How To Play QJ (Queen - Jack) - (Any Position)
There are 62252 hands in our database where the player played QJ (Queen - Jack) in the Any Position. 60% of players lost money on this hand, for an average loss of 14.3 big blinds.
=======
very interesting! could you also post the stats for AKs and AA? to have a reference

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There’s been many good reply’s
So instead of quoting a bunch and going too in depth,
I’ll just say, that’s a bad hand in most positions,
But, like smart posters have said,
Give more info
What is going on in the game?
Early, middle, late stage in tournament, stack size and position of you and villian(s), and what sort of players act after you...
My best advice, post hands that you question your play, giving as much info like I mentioned above, and you will get way more helpful answers👍

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
play with this card from a late position for medium it is suitable if you can play the flop well if you are not sure it's better to discard this card for late positions, it's a strong hand there also depends on how you play other streets

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
That hand has a lot to do with many factors. Firstly if they are suited or not, second the position; After these factors, the movement is analyzed, whether it is Fold, Call or Open Raise.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Answers for poker questions are most followed by 'if', but if I decide to play JQ, bout 80% of the time I raise fm any position.

F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I also care about the other players. Fold against strong players and larger stacks. Against small stacks in late position i play if they look weak.
But in fact, it´s a gambling hand for me and i will fold in many cases.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play according to the situation), from early positions to 9-max it is almost always a fold