How to play against aggressive opponents?

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient. Observe opponent. Learn his moves and dont go all in when he wants it.
And first of all dont play preflop with low hands even suited, because most of the agressive players plays preflop with stupid cards like 7-2 unsuited and the want to scare players, usualy they hace luck. Observe and be patient.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend to be carefull with this type of player and when you get a strong hand then probably is no problem to get allin.

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wait until the percentages are in my favor and attack!! Aggressive players will pay you off when you hit a good hand!!

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best tactic against an aggressive opponent is to trap him and wait until he replays himself. Someone says that you need to wait for a hand, I do not agree with this, because an aggressive player will get too many chips while you are waiting for a hand. In this case, it is better to expand your range with connectors and broadways, as well suited cards.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If anyone has looked into poker coaching, or has looked for help on the internet for poker stratagy. I'm sure everything they have read has said to play tight agressive. Even though this is true, I believe it comes down to how comfertable you are post flop. If you're having a hard time ranging your opponent, or get in spots where you really dont know what to do without action before you. Then you should be playing tighter. The tighter you play the easier it is to play post flop. As you become more exsperinced, start to understand pot odds, equity, and fold equity. The wider you can play....

At the end of the day being playing against an agressive player is less about how much money they put in the pot, but more about paying attention to what they have when they showdown. While figuring out thier betting batters of what they had when they bet. Figuring this out is what will give you the edge.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you think of them as big fish that will require more of a bank roll to lure them with, it becomes a little less frustrating. Sometimes they will get away regardless of how well you play, but when you catch them it will be worth it.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient.
Tighten preflop range.
Let him bluff (do not re-raise with strong hand till turn OOP and RIVER IP). Exept if the a lot of draws.
Sometimes player aggressive because he running hot.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
be patient your time will come pay attention to how hes raising wait for good hands and re- raise him a lot turn the tables on him just hope hes not a card rack I seem to run into them my share of the time:reddy:

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if he's playing aggressively I'd tend to call him harder because he's playing a lot of not-so-strong hands. Maybe I'll tighten up and pay with handles where I can make the nuts and draw all his chips . These are some lines of thinking that I can adopt in this situation.

K

kientek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when u get the good card and bet 4BB do not let it go, try bluff when the table is bad

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An aggressive player may also be a player dominated Decisions Given the compensates fact not always be aggressive because it is evident que not always hit the game Then just switch the range of hands and wait for a good opportunity to always explore the idea that an aggressive player It can become an easy player to be explored

:jd4: mateuspoker

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think on this issue, as on many others, we can not give a definite answer. How many people - so many opinions. Your position at the table, the size of your bankroll, the style of play of other players at the table, an aggressive player is bluffing or has a really strong card and your own familiar style of play - a lot of items that need to be taken into account. In one case it is better to wait for a good hand, and the other to play aggressively.

G

gaguilu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aggressive players

I like to play against aggressive players, just pay to see all the flops against him, until hits a good hand and set him up all in, usually will lose many a hand, but at the moment you win will take all his chips

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against aggressive players I play solid and conservative.
This makes the villain have an image about me, that of a player who plays narrow ranges.
When the rival has that perception about me, I will be able to make rises or rises and transform them sometimes into bluffs, since the villain will know that I usually bet for value.
This also implies that the villain will keep more boats, since he will use the exploitative strategy. But in those bigger boats, I'll try to be above their range. Since often I will have better combinations, kickers, etc.
Greetings.

LemonAmnezia

LemonAmnezia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't 4 Bet them Try to check call and crush em

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good aggressive players are the toughest opponents I think the best way is try to team up and have family flops when agro raises preflop and just flat call
Agro players like to reduce field by raising
Pre-flop
I don’t usually like go heads up unless I have cards that can potentially flop well against an agro.
So with aggro player you might want to play heads up only in position
I usually go by betting pattern and what the board shows
The agrro will bet the flop almost 100% whether he gets air /draw /made hand when heads up at the flop
You have get the agrro at the turn or river, he will show weakness at the turn or river

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggressive players usually don't like when people play back at them aggressively....
but you have to be in position and be tactical about it....