How to play A/10?

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In early position I will try to limp, and even if I get a small raise, I'm able to call that and at least see the flop. However, I won't get in a battle with that hand. I have no problem folding A10. This is how I would play that hand. The closer I get to the button the more agressive. I get. And even in MP, I plan to try and steal the blinds but that's only if there is no big raise before me, if so, I'm gone. If some fish could see the A and low kickers I fold, they would call me crazy.I'm sure they would call all the way with any A and many times they even get lucky. But for me, those hands don't work. I lose more if an A comes on the flop and I'm holding say A4 and I might call or 3bet myself. Anyway, A10 is hard to play along with many other hands which I muck right off. Maybe that is something I have learned here. Many say that anyone that plays most of his hands will lose in the long run. So the advice from other players is to fold fold fold. I do that and it has helped me more than I can write here. But one thing we all see after we fold is a monster comes to the board, and we want to kick our self. But what's that going to help when there is nothing that I can do about it. But this is something we all run into. We see those monster hands after we fold and that makes us start guessing what's coming. Makes us play many more hands trying to hit one of those monsters. Any way GL to you and I'm sorry this is so long. I don't know why I've got into writing to much on others treads I guess I have a lot on my mind. GL to you

Would, again, love to see those proposing "fold fold fold" go against Daniel at a full ring and try to finish higher than him. Except when he's at like 25% spot left or totally card deal, generally speaking, he is looking to get into as many flops/pots as possible and finding a way to outplay his opponent from there, usually without the need for ridiculously big bets on any street.

D

donkcentralFF

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best advice is if your putting them on a higher ace well hopefully the Ace doesn't hit the flop so you can buy the hand and if their an any ACE type of guy well A10 could be the nuts often

Im not sure if this is sarcasm or not lol.. Also lets not forget about certain players who when flop comes 10 high their willing to call you down with Q10,J10,K10... My advice is related more to playing A10 in cash game...

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not sure if this is sarcasm or not lol.. Also lets not forget about certain players who when flop comes 10 high their willing to call you down with Q10,J10,K10... My advice is related more to playing A10 in cash game...

In any venue it is a likely sucker's bet

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
made it a habit to raise every ace 10 i had today twice guys came over top with all ins i folded of course the rest of time 90% i took the pot on after the flop bet simple double raise or raise pre flop bet on flop

now to teach self to do that with any hand :)

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play A10 except in a late position and with low cost entrance, like 1 BB usually. Otherwise it is advisable to fold.

Speedbruce

Speedbruce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never saw a reason to limp AT from any position, but flat it is ok. Actually, there's so few spots and cards you should be limping in, is better "fold fold fold" like PapaC said than a "limp limp limp" strategy, since you'll never be playing against Daniel.

V

VelosoG7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just raise if its suited ou just pay the blind, I NEVER all-in in pre-flop with this, its very dissapointing when people win with a pair of 2 and you raised 10BB!!

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Limping in all positions except the stick, on the button, you can make a raise of 3 big blind

K

KGetsPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally like playing AT. I feel that if you have position its a very reasonable hand to play if you are getting a good price.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suited is huge benefit, as you can semi-bluff with flush draw or broadway straight draws.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
raise → floop good - bet → ?reraise - adjust for ops range
→ flop bad - check → ?raise - fold

but everything depends on the situation, so think ahead =)

Rincewind

Rincewind

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find the best way to play A10 is to fold preflop!! :)

N

notscared0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally if you have ATo or ATs, and are facing an aggressor pre or post flop, most of the time, your probably behind, but theres always that one little cute fishy at the table, who, that hand is a complete MONSTER :)

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally I don't wait for flop and fold these cards.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always check the flop. Yesterday had A10 and I flopped K Q J :)
they thought im bluffin and called my all in with two pairs K and Q. I was sooo lucky that more Qs nor Ks did not come :p

Fratchen

Fratchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a good position ATo/ATs is a very good hand to call raises.
But I would never raise this hand UTG or UTG+1.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
play it need a little better than the middle suited connectors

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 6max and will play it from all positions, though not always to a raise. If it's ATs, the value goes up as you have potentially the nut flush.

It's a tricky hand to play well, and I have been guilty of value towning myself when against AJ or a cautious AQ even.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a regular game I tend to play A 10 in mid and late position always for a raise. I much prefer to be the one opening with a raise than someone calling one pre-flop. Calling a raise depends on who the raiser is and who is left to act. Post flop I prefer to play aggressive.

H

hamster747

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the tight aggressive player out of position would fold. but in the position I would have affected the dynamics of the table and rely on the ability to play postflop

ElUsuario

ElUsuario

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of time I fold it. For me isn't a good hand. Some times I play it, but only if I'm in a good position and if It's suited

B

boomeranged

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe A T s/o is just like any other hand and should be played according to the position and situation. It should be played like a strong hand in late position in an unraised pot. It should be played cautiously from early position in a small ring. It should also be mucked from early position in a 9 max table. Keep the pot small on wet boards and against aggression. Anything other than this with a hand like AT which backfires too would cost more than it'll earn in the long run.