How to play 7-2

aGreen

aGreen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easiest fold for me, but 1 time i missclicked and pressed call, and full house on the flop;)

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play 72 in bb if it's suited and only facing a min raise. It should never be played otherwise.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not too long ago I had 7 2 in the BB - a hand I would always toss even in the SB.

The flop came 772 for a full house (someone told a similar story above). So it can be a winning hand and it can be used in a bluff. In fact Gyorgi made that play in an EPT final Table which brought the house down...if you have never seen this hand watch it, it is outrageous! Look up....

"Gyorgyi crazy bluff with 72o @ pokerstars EPT Monte Carlo Final Table"

That said, I find this philosophy of 'playing any two hands', which somehow proves what a baller you are, over the top. Playing rags with anything close to regularity and you will be found out in short order. Yes, a tight aggressive player can get away with this as a single, out of character play. A one and done. Push that further and you will be in trouble.

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To fold! Sometimes you can to limp it on SB sv BB to check the opps reaction on it) vs tight opps (fold EV ~50%) you can use it to steal the blinds.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow this is really bad for being in the learning section, IMO. It's the worst hand in poker and someone's advocating for actively playing it. You might as well just not look at your cards in this case and simply bluff with any two. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Just my $0.02. :)