How to play 7-2

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bro shamed somebody with this hand so it can happen.

I got out of line with 32o in a tourney and jammed all in from UTG because I hadnt played a hand in an hour and I knew the table would fold all the way around, which it did.

Then I showed the hand and most of the players smiled and chuckled.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With 7-2 do not bluff. The maximum you can steal the blinds from a passive player (as with any two).

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How to play 7-2
My answer is no way.
There is no point in trying to win anything with such a hand. Obviously it is better to wait for good cards.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i will never bluff with 7-2 in any stage and i play it only from BB position when i can check

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! No doubt to play its not worth it. But if you feel that luck has put a hand on your shoulder and you want to try it(in fact, your stack is 4-5 times more than those who sit opposite), you can try. But more often you just give your chips or money to the opponent.

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7 2
,No need to invent anything.Fold,fold fold

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same here, I never play 7-2.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any 2 cards can win if your willing to put chips in the pot,,,, ;) Nothing we all didn't already know. :bebored:

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The title of your thread should not be "How to play 7-2?" Because you are not asking anything. Better: "I'm going to teach you how to play 7-2"

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Fold

I give up without thinking twice, only play with 7-2 if the big blind goes no player raises only limp
:eek::bebored::stupido:

M

Mohamed reda bouzzroud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, but no matter what you say a 7 2 = systematic fold.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Instant fold or call 1 bb. No other ways!

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The chances of winning with this card are not great, but I sometimes allow myself to play with it, and sometimes even win

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Win with 7-2 is possible only in one case for me - all in under adverse conditions of folding of the tournament and there could be I'd appreciate your bets! And so only fold or steal the blinds against a very tight SB and BB!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When I see 72o , I instantly fold , but recently in a freeroll me on the BB I won a big pot with this hand haha , besides that can't remember any other occassion or bluff attempt , I don't play this hand :)

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, i think bluffing is very important in this game and analyzing skill is very important and routine is invaluable. I guess from your opponent's stats (3bet fold) 3 bet preflop or flop.
I honestly find it hard to imagine in the middle of the tournament I have to play with 72 :D

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t play with pocket cards 7-2. The most I can do is click the check button on the big blind if no one raises.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
7 2 this is not a card that I would pay attention to. Well, maybe try to play freerolls on it.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You can play these cards when you have a big big big bank or a good position. Only check or fold.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know it's a weird title for all of you! how to play 7-2?! of course we all fold it immediately without discussion!
No no no dear friends, this aptitude is not correct, simply because you have to learn how to play your opponents and not the cards. It could be a big succes if you manage to win a very weak hands before the showdown. So you need to improve your analysing skills, and to use your feeling to bluff with certain hands.
As I repeat all the time, never bluff in early game of MTT. I am talking in this thread about how to win with such hands in somes criticals moments in the middle game of MTT .
Remember, never fold immediately, always think and use your feeling to make the right decision.

lolwhat??? Are you another "talented Negranuwannabe"?
Forum has "articles" you know...

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unless you are a pro and face a table full of Amateurs you are not going to 'outplay' with 72. it's a snap fold most of the time!

we don't have to Play every Hand because we think (most of the time it is not the case) that we are better than our opponents.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your going to play 7-2 you better hope its narrowed to a 2 players as in yourself and your opponent. The key is to be in position and raise your standard bets to what you normally do in the tournment. The goal is to determine or feel if your opponent caught the big cards and I say big cards like Ace, king etc. Because most likely your opponent would not call your raise if they did not have at least something to play. If your opponent checks, its time to strike and take the pot. If your opponent calls, you back off and wait for another hand.