Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I use almost never 4-bet in poker,but sometimes yes in hiper tournaments.

almir nicolau

almir nicolau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Years ago the 4 bet and 5 bet, 6bet etc... were used a lot in a light way, but the movement is outdated, we don't see many players doing this movement at online tables, usually they are applied in live tournaments where the structures are more deep.
The action is applied more in mtts, hardly in SNG you will see a light 4bet with frequency, I use more the 4bet or 4bet shove only for value in micro tournaments and I recommend not to make the light movement in these limits.
Generally they will work in more expensive tournaments where there is a more experienced field and there are more light 3bets so the 4bet can often be used profitably.

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
I do this sometimes. At the same time, I have a really strong hand, like KK, TT

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes I play like this, but it happens very rarely and most often it is an attempt to steal the blinds from late position with a medium hand!!!

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In the cash game, 4 bet is used more but in mtt where the stacks are different it's hard to meet with 4 bet. Probably only fish play like that

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very rarely because after a 3 bet what I use is to go all in. So almost never that move.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In poker, I usually 4-bet quite infrequently, as it is an aggressive move that requires a strong hand and strategic planning.
4-bet requires a strong hand and strategic planning?)
Maybe, but this definitely does not apply to freerolls, which have players who can play all their hands in a row with 4-bet :)

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
in my personal case... very few times there is an opportunity to make a 4-BET... but when it does, I do it mainly with hands like AA and KK

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, I usually 4-bet quite infrequently, as it is an aggressive move that requires a strong hand and strategic planning.
I like the 4 bet, when I have good potential, it is not a lot but helps to thin the crowd.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This type of action in poker shows that you have a very strong hand! I don't use it that much!(y):unsure:

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The 4 bet movement is a movement that is used a lot in cash especially, but in important MTTs it is also used frequently.
Of course, this move is usually made with premium hands, but in online cash, understanding that you know your opponents, it's even a move that from a certain position can be done with JJ for example, or KQs, etc.
In general, unless his stack is short, a player after a 3 bet does not go all-in, he usually 4 bets.
In general, the 4 bet is a strategy that gives me information about the opponent.
In general, most of us never open in position, nor bet in position with the corresponding cards, which of course the professionals or serious regulars do.
But at the microlimit levels that we play, it is very normal for a player to open A2s from UTG, or they 3 bet you from MP with 44 and even 4 bet you from BB with A10, or I will only cite examples.
Assuming that your game is a serious game, adapted to the positions in which you play solidly, the 4 bet for me is a very good move with hands such as JJ, QQ, up to and including 1010.
In general I speak of NL cash. This situation in MTT changes according to your stack. If your stack is wide a 4 bet is not a bad move, if your stack is short then shoving is usually the normal move after a 3 bet.
Well that at least is my thought brother.
Greetings:):):)

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to say that I never use a 4 bet. It seems to discourage players from making the bet and then that will make the pot less.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good afternoon everyone, I play micro limits and as a general rule I play 4bet with KK , AA, a few times with QQ, AKs and AKo depending on the size of the stack or depending on the villain if he has a recreational note yes I can play even more hands .
In the micro limits, the villains tend to be very transparent, when there is value, a 4bet is sure to be AA or KK or recreational.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I do it with medium hands like a bluff because players will think I have a strong hand and throw my hand away, but I play with a really strong hand the same way then they don't understand now I have a strong or weak hand you need to combine so you're not recognized as a bluffer and tagged and you always have to avoid opening and winning without hiding the cards

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I can only sign a 4-bet if I have something serious on hand. Secondly, I'll look at the size of my stack; if the stack is deep, you can use my arms wider.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just when very deep in a long tournament, not at turbo or hyper, in turbo and hyper i go all in before.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I 4-bet alot espetially preflop, slow playing will minimize wins and give free cards to the opponents

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I use it often when I get a strong hand.
Or when I need to cheat to win some chips.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i rarely 4 bet ...usually against 1 opponent only and holding AA or KK . Other situations Im just shoving allin and happy to get a fold !

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never, I usually let the aggressive people that love their "isolation game" do my betting for me.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do this infrequently, only with very strong hands.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I have a good 4 betting strategy that I will use against players that like to 3 bet light. If you have been watching and paying attention to these players you can 4 bet the crap out of them. Good luck out there! It’s always good to study spots where you can make this play work.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
We get all in sooner than in a 4-bet situation. At least I haven't seen a 4-bet party on pokerstars yet.