how many times do you win by 10 Jack flush this week?

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you feel with 10 jack flush ? do you often have this hand ? in my point of view this is a beautiful hand , when flopping with 2 suited , do you think alway turn and river there is have flush , all in with flush is a an advantage solution .

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No argument here fam, lol JTs has a lot of equity against a fairly wide variety of hands so it's usually a good hand to open the pot with from most positions. It also happens to be one of my favorite hands but you should still only play it when it is profitable to do so

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10 j

I see that hand win a lot. I like it when its suited.

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
JTs has a lot of equity against a lot of hands, actually it has the most equity against powerfull hands like AA (20% for JTs agains 10-12 of alot of hands)
Its a suited connected broadway.
But i dont think you can play it from every position or against every position
For exemple: If i had JTs from the BB and the UTG raises. I'll defend the BB but not so confident. If i had JTs on MP and UTG raises i'll fold
Ofcourse it depends on your enemy playing style. If he raises a lot from UTG, its okay to call. But here i'm talking about a regular player

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sometimes JT it is a nicer hand than AK because you can get a straight higher than the J you hold. And you can also hold the highest low straight with your J or T.

Any suited connectors can make for some nice action, I am always hopeful for a straight or a flush when I have suited connectors.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you feel with 10 jack flush ? do you often have this hand ? in my point of view this is a beautiful hand , when flopping with 2 suited , do you think alway turn and river there is have flush , all in with flush is a an advantage solution .

I count one time this week I won with JTs by hitting a Flush, but I wouldn't probably remember if it wasn't so recent - maybe it happened even more often and I just didn't take note of it? :D

I see that hand win a lot. I like it when its suited.

I added JTs to this thread of mine:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/poker-pro-favorite-signature-hands-478050/

because Alec Torelli once said that JTs ("especially in diamonds") was always his favorite hand when he was starting out with poker because he felt like he would always win "more pots than he should" with it lol. Objectively speaking, it isn't the best hand preflop at all - but it does have post-flop potential: I will say that :)

JTs has a lot of equity against a lot of hands, actually it has the most equity against powerfull hands like AA (20% for JTs agains 10-12 of alot of hands)
Its a suited connected broadway.
But i dont think you can play it from every position or against every position
For exemple: If i had JTs from the BB and the UTG raises. I'll defend the BB but not so confident. If i had JTs on MP and UTG raises i'll fold
Ofcourse it depends on your enemy playing style. If he raises a lot from UTG, its okay to call. But here i'm talking about a regular player

Yes, there is a difference between "liking a hand" and playing it all the time from any position. I'm pretty sure Doyle likes T2, but I know even he wouldn't play it everytime from any position. But then again, I like AA and will usually be playing that from any position ;)

R

rhennemcu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a good card! Dont hesitate to play with it and trust yourself!

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Quickly checked it, it is not just an illusion. i dont like them, pretty much hate them, like AQo or AJo. Even 109s, 109o is better.... had a straight flush with 109s this week, but i lost plenty with J10s... my biggest problem, it can look very good, even nuts on flop, but vs. 2+ players, it turns to the weakest one - at least not the winning one - after river plenty times, I guess more than 50%, really annoying to lose with flop nuts again and again, as it is really hard to fold later on, way far not my favourite hands....

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I count one time this week I won with JTs by hitting a Flush, but I wouldn't probably remember if it wasn't so recent - maybe it happened even more often and I just didn't take note of it? :D

I added JTs to this thread of mine:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/poker-pro-favorite-signature-hands-478050/

because Alec Torelli once said that JTs ("especially in diamonds") was always his favorite hand when he was starting out with poker because he felt like he would always win "more pots than he should" with it lol. Objectively speaking, it isn't the best hand preflop at all - but it does have post-flop potential: I will say that :)

Yes, there is a difference between "liking a hand" and playing it all the time from any position. I'm pretty sure Doyle likes T2, but I know even he wouldn't play it everytime from any position. But then again, I like AA and will usually be playing that from any position ;)

Did you read any words i wrote?
I was talking about JTs and positions that you can play it, not how to play AA
IQ problem detected
You asked about JTs and i answered how do i play it.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you read any words i wrote?
I was talking about JTs and positions that you can play it, not how to play AA
IQ problem detected
You asked about JTs and i answered how do i play it.

I read it and understood it perfectly; not an IQ problem :D Rather, I believe it might be a lack-of-humor problem we seem to have come across here...

p.s. In your defense, online typing may be tougher to detect intent with compared to in-person, but I find it difficult to not realize I was making light of the situation with AA :rolleyes:

WeAreHot777

WeAreHot777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know, but 10 J it's not a bad hand, and its depends of position ;) maybe I win 1,2 times, this week.

Full Flush Poker