How many poker reasoning traps do you fall into?

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker is a treacherous game, full of logical pitfalls. In this sense, i ask you a question: How many poker reasoning traps do you fall into?

I would like to hear your opinion.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Some observations on the three most common logical pitfalls in which i see. The first point is the attempt to represent something. His actions are adapted to look like what he thinks would be the behavior of one who has just connected with a certain aspect of the board. The problem is that impressions are only effective when we know how they will be interpreted.

In the second instance is to bet because you think you're ahead. Well, the bet must serve some purpose. Alternatively, that bet could be for protection if we think that by, betting, we can cause villain to fold a sizable chunk of his hands that have live outs against us.

Another fact that we can analyze is the thought that nothing has changed. This is because it comes down to an error in the player's poker language. In fact, such a judgment is often quite devoid of evidence and you would be well advised to doubt a player's ability. In reality, such a judgment is often completely unsupported by evidence.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
well I tell you the truth acid, I seem to bumble around stumbling into all of them !!!!! This looks to be an amazingly interesting thread...can't wait to see how it developes

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for my pleasure. So if I make mistakes, then I think it is just my fault. I always try to analyze my decisions to avoid mistakes in the future.

777jeton777

777jeton777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most insidious trap is when your opponent catches a flop set with a pocket pair. it's almost impossible to read, if your opponent is not a loser, then he will squeeze the maximum out of you.:help:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I make a lot of mistakes in poker. I still have something to learn)))

C

cardshark944

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Traps

Poker is a treacherous game, full of logical pitfalls. In this sense, i ask you a question: How many poker reasoning traps do you fall into?

I always seem to fall for the trap of calling large bets with top pair only to find my opponent limped in with aces or kings.....Any advice?

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

There are many traps that I fall into from time to time. I think the most common is doing the opposite of what I think the villain wants me to do. For example, villain has min bet the flop and turn. The texture of the board hasn't really changed, no straights or flushes have been made, yet he pushes the river. Most of the time I correctly read this as being weak and I will call with strong hands. But there are some players who do this as a trap. Or sometimes the opposite is true. Villain bets strong and then board does complete something and suddenly, they seem to be small betting, projecting weakness, which would mean they are really strong.

This is a tough trap because one of the big rules of poker is to do the opposite of what your opponent wants you to do. But there are a lot of players out there who do the exact opposite, either because they don't know or because they are very good tricky players. I try to avoid this trap by keenly observing how my opponents play against others, but sometimes you don't have enough information because hands aren't getting shown or they are new to the table. Most tournaments, the blinds go up so fast that you are forced to act on incomplete information and that makes this trap especially easy to fall into.

C

chippyrob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you can call it a reasoning and if i am understanding you correctly.... the one i always fall for is thinking im ahead when a player just flat calls...obviously my cards are good and i think im winning and miles ahead on the river so i put a medium sized bet out for value and then the checker raises all in i call and it turns out they had the nuts... i tend to always fall victim to losing this way.... something i need to learn i guess :)

robert

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Constantly. Always will be.

K

Kaban

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Traps in poker are the same as in life they have to feel and sometimes even fold top pair despite the outcome of an event.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always seem to fall for the trap of calling large bets with top pair only to find my opponent limped in with aces or kings.....Any advice?

Well, i think that making some notes, setting which profile of each on the players who are playing at your table helps you a little to make better decisions and avoid stress.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Talking myself into the false story that my opponent is trying to bluff me off a pot. I call and get beat. I convince myself I can't just fold every time, so I call. I really suck at this game sometimes.