Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think it depends only on the desire of the player himself. But in any case, I think it takes at least 5 years of daily practice, about 5-8 hours a day.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not fast. There are a lot of books written on the topic of poker, if you are serious about poker, you should read them.

In General, for a beginner, there are a few tips that are mandatory:

1. Play on the bets that your bankroll allows. If you play for 2K rubles, do not sit at the table where the size of the blinds exceeds at least 5% of this amount. A string of failures has not been canceled, even for beginners, and such a streak can eat your credit.

2. Playing mostly out of position. It is not necessary to bet and raise and even more so to raise from the initial positions. If you have NATs on hand, it is better to wait politely for the dealer to deliver. And to protect strong hands is better to learn at the next level of development of the game.

3. Try to react indifferently to any cards distributed to you. Choose a Pokerface and hone it.

4. Don't bluff if you're not sure you're bluffing. Yes, everyone else sees your doubts, too.

5. Do not start playing poker online. Better first offline-in the company of friends. So you at least a little will learn the strategy of the players.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Your friend can learn game theory and practice quickly. The question is, how much luck will go for him in the game. This is the main thing.

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I would answer this way: it takes 2-3 months to set up a positive game, you can spend your whole life to master the postflop game!

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you've got the right answer "NEVER". If you learn a lot and practice a lot you can be a professional player in years to come.​

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think he can master it, it's such a beautiful game that nobody can even use it with computers.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HaHa...Like Master Po said to Cain...

Patience Grasshopper

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can play poker many many years and still didn't achive master poker. It takes a long time and you learn poker over and over again. Poker skills are only one of component of poker playing.

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is a Game that is alway evolving So Master poker I don't think it is possible you can be a great player if you want to and always learning a new thing ... it is a great game :D !

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think anybody ever truly "masters" poker. The best players know that there is always more to learn and ways to improve.

wow I found a celebrity in this thread! whaddup man, big fan. Learned a lot from your free blogs (on my way to poker mastery as to not derail)

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on what you mean to master poker? Learn the basics of the game or start showing results at the largest poker tournaments? The necessary time depends on it! It may happen that you do not get it to realize even for a lifetime.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can master the rules of the game, but never the game itself, because like many other things in life, there will always be something new to learn.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Master the game of poker. I dont think that can happen. Even the greats admit they have not master the game and remember the game is always changing.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Life

It takes a life time to master poker.

N

Nel1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I can ever master poker! New things always appear. He can be an excellent player, but there is always something new to learn

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't understand.

But it's certain that you can't become a master within 1 year.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It should take you a lifetime to master this game.

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
some people take longer than others its just how much time you wanna put into it to understand the game

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it depends a lot from person to person, it will depend on how much they want to evolve and how much they will dedicate to their studies and grind gl.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
you can quickly learn the rules of the game, all the subtleties of the game all your life :)

and to become a master you need to be an excellent mathematician and psychologist and not only...

pundim

pundim

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Like the famous quote: Poker - 5 minutes to learn and a lifetime to master

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When he has A.I . integrated directly into his brain.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is probably no absolutely accurate answer. Someone quickly assimilates and assimilates the material, someone is more adventurous by nature, and therefore begins to make excursions to higher limits earlier. Some of them are more hardworking and diligent than others, and therefore persist in their path to success.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lifetime because poker is an ever ending learning game.

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Master... probably a lifetime... but be good a lot less