How to learn ranges without memorising charts?

T

Tony0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello I am a beginner playing 2NL 9max.

I am pretty comfortable with my opening ranges now where I know what hands I can/can't open from each table positions.

What I would like to know is what general rules should I follow to work out if my hand is playable when it does not fold to me?

Currently, if there is a preflop raise I decide if I would open with my hand in the villains seat then I would call. If I would open from UTG then I 3bet.

Obviously this is very crude but I find this is working sort of ok for me at 2nl.

I would like to add more nuance to what I'm doing currently but not sure how I advance without memorising a myriad of charts for all different scenarios.

Are there any general heuristics I can use to enhance what I am currently doing?

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your experience post flop with various hands in various positions. Eventually with experience you learn what play well for you and what doesn't. If you use tracking software you can find what hands are profitable for you in what spots and what hands aren't. Eventually it becomes instinct.