How important is luck?

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
30% of your luck depends on 70% of your skill. I think something like this.

S

Sagory

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck and bad luck are part of the game. You can minimise the impact with good skills,but your hand is given randomly, so luck is always a factor.

Keep in mind that the theory is based on million samples. You will never find the time to play this million of hands to be EV+

Nevertheless the games is fun, isn't it?

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without luck, it seems to me not to drag tournaments, and in the cash you can drain your bankroll if your nut hands are constantly moving, connectors also do not go through, any pairs are broken against unsuited 72, 93 and so on. Alas, already every day there are such transfers everywhere. I try not to tilt, so I really want a little luck.

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How important is luck and how I could minimize its impact on my results. Still, I tend to rely on my own skills rather than luck.

Restrain your impulsiveness, that will clean the way for your skills. Take your time before apply your next action.

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a believer in making your own luck. Playing smart, changing styles, bullying and my favorite slap and tickle time.

L

lancabcd10

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the luck factor has its percentage in all poker tournaments. When the blinds taper, there's usually no way for you to escape going All in pre flop and face that Flip, 55% - 45%, or that 70% - 30%, regardless of what situation, you'll have to root for your hand hold or hit.
Even in hands post flop, you will find the same situations and will have to twist Turn and River.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
really important.. without some luck you will never win a tournament!

imo that is :p

Angel v rai

Angel v rai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 60 percent good luck and 40 percent experience. There are people who are lucky). I'm not one of them)

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck is very important in poker, because despite your skills, you should be very lucky not to have frequent bad beats.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Nice to see a thread where people are generally honest about how big a factor luck is within the game.

My perspective is skill and patience can get you to the cash, luck becomes an overriding factor to get you to the final table and winning itself? Well that's pretty much 100% luck!

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck can be a big factor but skill will win most tourneys.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Of course, luck plays an important role, but with experience you will see that your skills, patience, and discipline are more important.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How important is luck and how I could minimize its impact on my results. Still, I tend to rely on my own skills rather than luck.
The more you study the game, the less you need luck. but he will still be part of the game.:D

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips

Poker is a combination of luck and skill. People think mastering the skill part is hard, but they’re wrong. The trick to poker is mastering the luck. Jesse May.

I'm still struggling with the luck part of my game. But some day, some day, some day ...............:sleep:

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad players and good players have the same luck. Only differs on skill so relying on luck too much is gonna cost you money in the long term. And of course luck could be life changing as well.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The more you study the game, the less you need luck. but he will still be part of the game.:D

I agree with you. I think so too. Apparently, thanks to experience and skill, our chances of luck increase. :)

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you. I think so too. Apparently, thanks to experience and skill, our chances of luck increase. :)
In fact, luck is implicit in the variation. In the short term, it carries a lot of weight.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It is important. I wouldn't know how important? I feel that you can't over come the luck factor in a single tournament. I believe that there is good luck and bad luck.

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a friend of mine! you asked a very interesting question. How important is luck? , but what do you think, watching some players play live, even at major competitions. and poker championships ... we perfectly see that luck is far from the last place, we draw conclusions from here ... of course luck is the most important thing on the cards ... but fortune knows who to come to, there is such a moment, she is a very capricious thing ... and does not always turn to face us .. luck is in second place, after the ability to play

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You will win more hands with skill but luck has a bit to do with
winning also.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As this is a game of odds, there is no way to rule out the luck factor. However, playing good players can play without seeing their own cards, it means that it is possible to play competitively even without luck, to minimize the effects of luck we have to have many skills. Today I count on luck. :D:D:D

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi bro. Luck is needed. I always start to pray when I have AA on my hands and the opponent has 37o : - D. 70% of the victory is luck, and everything else is skill.This is poker.:deal::angel: