Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How important is luck and how I could minimize its impact on my results. Still, I tend to rely on my own skills rather than luck.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How important is luck and how I could minimize its impact on my results. Still, I tend to rely on my own skills rather than luck.
although skill is still what wins in the long run idiots depend on luck and will play any two cards and still beat your premium hands. I count on luck to get my premium hands to hold up to trash :eek: luck is very important in so many ways you can't count on, you get dealt aces in the BB and get a walk. you raise your kk and an ace flops but you cbet anyway and everyone folds etc.
just stick with your skills and in the long run, you will come out on top :)

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have skills, you don't need luck. It's more important to avoid bad luck ;)

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It takes skill and a lot of luck to win tournaments!

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is huge even the best of the best players in the world can not beat luck!

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
although skill is still what wins in the long run idiots depend on luck and will play any two cards and still beat your premium hands. I count on luck to get my premium hands to hold up to trash :eek: luck is very important in so many ways you can't count on, you get dealt aces in the BB and get a walk. you raise your kk and an ace flops but you cbet anyway and everyone folds etc.
just stick with your skills and in the long run, you will come out on top :)

You have given quite convincing arguments. I hope that at least in the long run, my skills and experience will allow me to make money.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!:)
The share of luck is present in the game even for professionals and regulars.! We cannot influence it ,nothing depends on us.The higher our skill, the less its impact on us.For a beginner, it can be 60-80%,but for professionals, its value is already 5-15 %.Conclusion: the better we learn, the less we depend on luck and more on skill

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is very important. It could the difference between making the money and losing out.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Luck is quite unequal in the short term. When it is with us we think we earned it as we have run bad in the past. When another player is hot we call the player a luck box; but it is only their turn out of many unlucky times for them and they are no more lucky than we are. Everyone gets to have that run of luck now and then and no one is luckier than you! But they might be more skilled...

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It seems to me that luck plays an important role, especially when it comes to tournaments. It would be impossible to win a tournament without some luck, I still believe that skill is more important as time goes by

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In the evening it is not so important as much as skill generally and overally , for most players not all players ;) , in the morning luck and bots prevail (ACR, PS [at least lol} ) .....

K

kevinjolley

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck??

In my experience, new players are the lucky ones. You get some first-tine players at your table and you better bet they will rack down some luck pots.
I have seen some so new they have to be told they won the hand.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the fight against dispersion, only distance can help - only it will show your true skill!

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck in poker is the most important factor in the game! On the ability not to get into the prize pool, if other players have good matches of cards with the table, and you have nothing or a pair, two pairs, then you will not see the prize zone. Pray to all gods! may good luck be with you;) :)

K

kevinjolley

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The Chance Of Luck

There are several persons who are constantly pursued by bad luck: to such I say is to believe in good luck is to believe in bad luck. Remember that Fortune does not like people to be overjoyed at her favors and that she prepares bitter deceptions for the imprudent who are intoxicated by success. Before risking your money at play, study your ‘mind frame,’ and the different probabilities of the game, then
approach the table perfectly calm and cool, because if you get too passionate it is all over with good luck—for the demon of bad luck invariably pursues passionate players.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can also find a player who is unlucky and aim for it.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've never won a tournament where I didn't have some luck. Winning with Aces vs anything pre-flop requires some luck - no hand is a 100% favorite pre-flop.

B

banshee1975

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In the long run in cash games youll have good lucky streaks and bad. Where luck really plays a part imo is in the MTTs and especially turbos.
There are players that conssistently cash in mtts but to make a final table in a field of 1000 will require some luck.
Im not discounting skill in tourney play, im just saying the best skilled player doesnt always win.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in my game personally, luck is 20-25 percent .......... without it, too, in any way

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
EV implications are much significant in later stages of tournaments. Getting AA on final table is very different to getting AA on first hand of the tourney. So it does matter. But in the long run I think its more about skill.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very important because river decide sometimes who win the hand.