How to have a high winning rate?

A

anhvanlala13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
I've watched a lot of videos and read many articles about poker, but when I play the game, I still lose! Can anyone give me more experience about poker?

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hi man,

if you are new in poker you must have patience, it is not easy to be a winning player over years because there will always be a downswing phase.
You must be very good in analysis and statistics to improve your game and learn from faults, in my opinion it is always good to play your A-game but there will be a lot of spots where you cant play your best style of poker so you have to be good at improvising your game to the game@your table and be better than your villains - and this is real hard work.
You can try out at heads up poker with micro buy ins there you can figure it out how hard it is to have a high winning rate lets say 7/8 out of 10 games and additional i would play some sit n go´s / small tournaments with 9-27 players and a buy in round about 0,50-2$ - i will promise you it is hard to be a winning player with a high win rate.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Patience, patience and patience again. You don't become a winning player just by reading about poker and watching videos about it. You must go though the process yourself by playing and gaining experience along the way. It doesn't just happen over night.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
more experience means more practice, plus you also need to work with psychology so as not to fall into tilt

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Keep playing to get more experience. It’s going to take a lot of hands played to gain enough experience coupled with understandable learning to start becoming a winning player.

T

turnupthebb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CH
Chips
For a high winrate you must play exploitively. Everyone is so focused on learning GTO which means learning to play 0 EV. If you want to make money you need to exploit.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
If you understand the basics, have impeccable bankroll management and never allow yourself to play when you are on tilt, you will win money. It may be a low amount of money at micro stakes but you will win money. Just patience and practice.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For a high winrate you must play exploitively. Everyone is so focused on learning GTO which means learning to play 0 EV. If you want to make money you need to exploit.
I think this is not exactly true.

No one is able to play 100% in line with GTO. Not even the best AI is able to.

In case everyone would play perfect GTO, then each EV would be 0. But this is definitely not the case if I look at current tables.