How does your game play change when you double up?

7jules

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to be careful after a double up, it's so easy to think you can take on the world with the rush of adrenaline. Always wise to count to 10 and start again! ;)

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I see big stack players crash and burn a lot! Best to play good poker no matter what size stack!

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the many replies since I been gone. I see some players, after they double up. start playing "king of the mountain" and lose their stack pretty quick. I play tight no matter what my stack is. Well GL you all

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's something I try work on I always start playing more loose after doubling up it's one of my biggest leaks

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a MTT if I double, my number of blinds double and I take that into consideration when looking at the effective stack sizes. To me there is a big difference in how you play 20bbs and 40bbs effective stack sizes, but 1bbs and 2bbs effective are pretty much the same.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can use your stack to your advantage. All tournament poker books explain this.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Micro-stakes players have a poor understanding of the game. For example, they can call a pot-sized bet with a straight draw, middle pair, or a made flush. Moreover, when they call your bets with draws, they are unlikely to think about pot odds. Remember, if your opponent calls your bet in the hope of completing a draw with poor pot odds, then it is good for you, as you will win in the long run. Just remember to put a lot in the pot with a lot of opponents (if you have a strong hand) to give them bad odds to call.

Top 10 Games