How does OPR work??

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm genuinely confused about this.

tb's and my stats, can someone tell me why I'm in a higher percentile than him?

I just don't get how they rank people.

Attachments

• ct.JPG
    ct.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 63
  • tb.JPG
    tb.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 62
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TBH I have no idea as I don't use OPR. But I wonder if it is somehow based or weighted with tournament cost and/or your finish status. ITM is the only stat you actually beat him by, but that would be weird to use that as the ranking stat alone. It must be combined with buy-in amounts and finishes. Notice that where you finish in tournaments as a whole is actually better than tenbob. I'd bet tournament finish section (combined with ITM and other stats, probably weighted some how) play into the rankings. I couldn't find any reference anywhere to the formula they use for it though.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Clearly, it's because you have more gold stars than he does.

LOL, not sure what I'm looking at, but it looks like you are ITM at a higher rate than he.

pokernut

pokernut

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't put much stock in OPR because I know that I am a very average tourney player and on Full Tilt it has me in the 93 or 94 percentile (actually that's last 120 days, I'm not sure about "full search", and site is down so can't check). I have no idea how they figure out thier ranking to be quite honest with you. I'll take it, but I know there are much much better players then me ranked below me on Full Tilt.

I would think that ITM, ROI, and total profit would have to be put together somehow to figure out the rankings, but I can't really find any method to the madness. You would also have to think that they should figure the size of the field in a tourney and an avg. finish somehow into the mix.

If you can figure it out though, I would love to know.

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OPR is just last 120 days, switch the filter and it should make a bit more sense. Seems to be a combo of buy-in, profit, ITM and number of buy-ins with profit the most significant factor.

When I doing well I think it's a viable system, when doing badly I'll happily point out issues of sample size and methodology :)

(currently 99.40% using my PartyID so it's clearly a very good measure)

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A) Twenty percent in the last 10%?
B) Because of your one tournament win?

It doesnt seem to be because of 120 days because he has full tracking set

BUT...I did a double check on your names and the OPR rank is static regardless of what filter you select! Therefore that must be a big factor. It is giving you a different OPR rank to your filter.

Last edited:
Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No biggie, but I've certainly noticed that as I have big wins drop off the last 120 days my ranking dips and if I have a 120 day period without much in the way of decent finishes it gets worse still.

Also if you look at the rankings under the OPR tab the summary stats that are shown for people are those for the last 120 days. There is a pretty good correlation between these and the ranking.

The prize rankings and profit rankings are also definately based on the last 120 days.

It may not be the only factor but it seems to be at least part of it.

Can't find anything via the rest of the Intraweb, this was the best I got.

Review of Official Poker Rankings

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm guessing their formula is proprietary...

and it probably isn't x (y + sqrt ABI) / (z - sqrt ROI) that I found posted somewhere on the 'net. :)

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep the info is a little limited on the site itself. If I could be bothered I would try to reverse-engineer it. :eek:

The static OPR rank, regardless of filter, seems to be the predominant reason for the above screenshots though.

crancko

crancko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did they find your latest win, Joose? I didnt see it when i last checked a day or two ago. No they didnt...

Last edited:
ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm apparently ~%10 better since this morning! :/

Attachments

• asf.JPG
    asf.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 33