How do you prepare to play?

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. sleep well before the game. sits down to play it turns out it turns out only at night when the son goes to bed, I sleep off while he is at school. It is imperative to eat before the game so as not to be distracted during the game and pick up good music for the game. Good luck to everyone at the tables.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome to the Jungle, sometimes paired with a little punch dancing. Study with Youtube hand history reviews.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do have 2 things that I do, usually it is because I have missed out playing in some tourneys I really wanted to play.

One is set an alarm. I set it for 17 minutes before game start. This gives me three 5 minute chances to register for the game.

Two is to remember to register for the game. Don't know how many times, I will be reading an article or watching youtube and things go silent. About 7 minutes after game start, and no late registration, and the horror sets in. I have been waiting 6 hours and 7 minutes to play my poker game of the day, and I never registered to play the tournament!!!

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first I have physical training after that brain training (wikium + chess) after that AIM training to prevent missclickes after that mental training (I have difficult system) and 20-30mins learning some poker theory. My preparing takes ~1,5h )

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online Game - Close other browsers, play some music.

Live game - I think about how to conduct myself at the table. Look at my hand only when my time, watch other players, especially those to my left to see if they are tipping off their actions. ETC . . .

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not getting ready. Came, sat, play. I also do not have programs to improve the game and I do not recognize them.

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If nothing interferes then just start playing, if there is a hindrance - eliminate it)

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your are asking about study wise, then I think the best route is finding some friends who's opinions you value about the game and then discuss both your hands and their hands with them. Streams have also become a valuable studying tool, just have to find right ones to follow

If you were referring to daily preparation before a session, then I personally like to take a nice jog before I get started. That seems to get the blood flowing and helps my brain get going at the beginning of a daily grind.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get enough sleep, eat, check for coffee, check the weather forecast, so that the Internet doesn’t turn off)))

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To prepare

Normally if I ever have ran deep in a tourament, its most likely due to the early exercising of the fold button
:)

No distractions, and a focused attitude, also I used to replay hands using hm2.

Last edited: