How do you practice poker?

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best way to learn poker for me at this moment is that I found a good player from Twitch and started to follow his playing style and my game went crazily up.
Also, I read some poker books or self-improvement/business books etc. for half hour each morning + watching some videos.

But the best way to learn ANYTHING is The Protege Effect. Just google. I think that helped me a lot as well. I do that by taking a screen record of my playings and talking about how I make my decisions and like "teaching" if there were somebody watching my playing. I don't publish those videos but very good practice because I am planning to start to stream someday:)

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every day find something new for yourself-because poker is not a read book.Play freerolls, watch educational videos, read books.And just pick up the cards and start to lay out the situation at the table.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in addition to the need to know the theory very well, this theory needs to be sharpened in practice, and not just honed but brought to perfection. it means to practice. practice and practice and hone your skills and skills !!

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, i'm new to site (english is second language,please bear with me).Starting(wanting) to learn poker seriously i guess.
I play pokerstars playmoney too(do you think it waste of time ?). what you all think i should pay attention to when transision to real money?
Whan to play freerolls, must grinding post, any tips?

Does "Americas Cardroom $10.00 On Demand Freerolls" must deposit first?

No you do not have to make a deposit to play. Also you do not have to make a deposit to cash out.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's way easier for me to find someone to play poker than it is to find folks to play baseball or volleyball. Almost any bar has one night a week that they offer poker. Call up a few bars and you may be surprised what is out there.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A BASIC basic thing to know cold is to know and understand the probabilities of the game or any card game for that matter. KNOW your outs. KNOW your pot odds. KNOW your opponents then try to pinpoint expectation of winning and value of bet sizing (assuming money is involved). You can do this with a single deck of cards, a mirror and a clock.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep playing and learn about your mistakes ...

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Typically just freerolls, but I consider any sort of online play as practice, unless it's play money because I feel players play differently with play money since they technically don't have anything of value to lose.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just wondering, what are some ways I can practice to improve my game when I have no one to play with. Any responses are appreciated

I think that you can gain experience playing online poker, it is very convenient, you can hold several tournaments per day, you can play on several tables at once, you can not even spend money playing freerolls, and all this without leaving home.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When your dog craps on your rug, don't get upset, stay calm, wait and then tell Him to clean it up. Good luck.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I have no one to play with, then I practice poker on play money at medium and high limits.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically I do what everyone is saying in this thread which is to play freerolls and/or in play money games online. You will encounter many different situations which will help you to improve your game without risking any money.

tazzmaster62

tazzmaster62

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

only way to get is play
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
so to learn more on how players play and how cards are delt

i play in daily freeroll tournaments every day on ARC & 888Poker.

the more you play the better you get.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play online, "you will never walk alone"!!

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are poker softwares that allow you play with other players around the world.

partypoker, PokerStars, 888 to name some.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just wondering, what are some ways I can practice to improve my game when I have no one to play with. Any responses are appreciated
hi hi
i think biggest thing helps me is that i spend one hour minimum a night going over hands that i played and a review of them all using PokerTracker4 and all its wonderful abilities
i also am enrolled in some poker training programs so i try to do a lesson from at least one of them...
lastly i try play each evening when i can so i get that experience

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play Americas Cardroom $10.00 On Demand Freerolls.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I recommend that you play the online freerolls tournaments ... mainly those of Cardshat and normally they register 100 to 150 players ... besides the level of the players is very good ... I have greatly improved my game in these tournaments

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

There is a better way to play if you do not have to play at tables or play with your friends, there are many sites that give to play for both real money and real money freerolls, your game will evolve a lot
:damnmate::D