tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes It is very nice to steal blinds.

But there is no need to rush it.

You risk to become a bullie.

I will advice you to take it slow and then get more agressive as blinds increase.

For what reason do you want to risk eg. 200 chips to steal 30 or 500 chips to steal 60.

Be patient and wait for bigger blinds unless you really got the gold on the hand.

A

annvr71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when people are sitting out, you must count the remaining
players .
so a hand like AK is much better with lesser players on the table

C

ChipsOwnerRO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have 4,5,6 players in sit out you must be more aggressive to steal the blinds. You have to play as many hands as possible. Personally, I like this situation when many players are in sit out because it allow me to play very aggressive and to build a high stack.

trekmaster

trekmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In these situations I think it is best to make at least a minimum raise every hand to at least get every sit outter out of the hand and steal as many blinds as possible.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Adjust your hand valuations based on the number of active players. For example, when first to act, Ax is a pretty modest hand at a full table but a fair bit stronger if you're 3- or 4-handed.
I'd say steal the blinds with lil raises and when more people start to play, play a little tighter. If you want to play all your buttons and blinds and you will go far:rolleyes:

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are much agressive, players can make some trap for you, need care.

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question.
I usually play as the table size is equal to the number of active players but I will try to get cute and bully a bit if the others are easily giving up the blinds.
It will vary on those poker stars rolls that only award an almost useless ticket to the weekly cash freeroll. In those I often try to get to around 50,000 chips then join the sitters in sitting out because they usually take 3-4 hours to play and one of those tickets is not worth that amount of time invested in my opinion.

Blu2323

Blu2323

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get way more agro in these spots, just praying that the few other players at the table are tight, so i can get away with stealing. If they let you take them just keep doing it. i had one table where everyone but me and one other player was sitting out. he took a blind i took one. when we both had a big hand we played poker.

B

brokenlung911

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i take all the blinds of course what else is there to do?

B

bluejay2220

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the beginning I steal as many blinds as I can, but note which people are not sitting out. When lots are sitting out you can steadly increase your stack, but not as big or fast as you would with more sitting in

J

Jpetro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is only 1-2 other playing I will min raise every hand until the other players call or raise me. I then take a short rest and start back at it. This is only if they are not willing to defend. If they are then I would sit back and just try to get a fair share of it. Most people are not going to try to steal every pot but some may allow you to. Start stealing if you see someone fold their SB to someone sitting out. I know this sounds crazy but I've seen this happen a few times.

tothbopo

tothbopo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is only 1-2 other playing I will min raise every hand until the other players call or raise me. I then take a short rest and start back at it. This is only if they are not willing to defend. If they are then I would sit back and just try to get a fair share of it. Most people are not going to try to steal every pot but some may allow you to. Start stealing if you see someone fold their SB to someone sitting out. I know this sounds crazy but I've seen this happen a few times.

That is also pretty much my strategy now.

I have learned a very big deal about poker trough the last half year being a member of this forum.

pokertroll

pokertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really want online poker rooms to remove players who sitout for more than 20 minutes.
I play my normal game but if I'm heads up with a players who sitout I will take his money with no guilt at all:tee: