How do you play pocket AA?

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a pair of AA you can not be 100% sure that you will win the rendezvous. Therefore, you need to act with a pre-flop raise. What else is not relevant here.

D

Drefps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way I play AA is I raise preflop if there’s a lot of people left to call. But if it’s jus me and two others I will slow play especially if there are no straight or flush draws.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing worse than you raise and get no callers.

molodoi3000

molodoi3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
95 cases actively, 5 cases of slowplay

D

Drefps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya that’s the worst, raising preflop with pocket AA and getting no callers, that’s why I like to limp in if more than half the table folds before it’s my turn to act

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would rather raise and get no callers than limp to set a trap and get beat.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
The only way to Play AA is to go All in Preflop. maybe you will not get many players to pay but If someone pays you are a 4:1 winner! If you go more conservative say 4BB - 10BB you migth be sorry after a bad beat! :icon_stud

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With AA in my hand I always try to increase and play with as few opponents as possible.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to always raise ... And then look at the flop ..
AA - just a pair .. (but cool) ... but at the distance is always a plus with them ..)

:dancing2:

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
two things I think are important with AA are:Slow playing will not net the kind of return that shoving will preflop, especially if you have a loose image you will get called by QQ or worse sometimes. When you slow play what are you hoping for? Them to hit a high pair on the flop and pay you off? def. wont give you their whole stack with just a high pair...

2nd: If you are very deep stacked and you 3Bet PF and get called, you still have to exercise pot control since your stack is so deep. So it is like you are slow playing even though you didnt.

final word: If you have any chance of getting called, shove PF. And you probably have more chance than you think, especially in a MTT when it is time to steal blinds, etc.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm in a freeroll, I just cold shove with AA. If the raises start coming toward me i reraise to the size of 3 times all bets that are in. If someone reraises at this point I go all in.

SteaknEggz

SteaknEggz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
get agressive but avoid entitlement tilt. dont go down in flames with them.

P

Pavlicio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also often lost with AA then the opponent will collect the hand better when trading in the showdown after each round of trading, and sometimes you just put all the chips and the person with 22 the same all puts and the last card falls 2 and he takes the Bank:tomato:

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never slow play AA always play them aggressive, if not you will regret it.

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a serious problem, this question is that you are still not related as this issue is limiting you. First of all, you are 72 for AA, you should always raise your hands the same way. or you will be giving the strength of your hand. you just need to change a way while you play to induce the opponent to err, I'm looking for an example, say you have AA in SB and you're moving too much the bb has around 17 blinds you have 22blinds you always increase 2.5bb you can raise 4 or 5bb here to induce you to think that you just want the blinds and he or turn off the hand if he bets everything. now you have 40bb in the small blind and the bigblind is also 40bb you raise he only showed AA and Kk so far knowing that he showed his hands premiuns and that it is difficult for him to have one you need to do? induce you to pay, then decrease the raise slightly, your chances of paying are higher. he has a better chance of paying now and if it increases, it's time to rise higher and get the money in the pot. In short, when the cards begin to be secondary and you play the opponent's dendencias, you are always making the best moves. Forget your hand this sight is blinding you. Good luck
When AA come to you .You think right now I will win,but it isn`t always so
AA -it`s the best pocket pair,but how to play them?:confused: Some advice to play before the flop, others advice to watch the board and bet,it`s good but and bad.At the board your opponents may have better hand and you lose.I played many times:(What do you think about it?

Last edited:
P

Pavlicio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you have a huge trap opponents put a bit of chips and people are called and they come the better hand and you lost

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With AA I will raise, of anyone reraise I will raise again or shove, that's depend of the chips in the pot, I will raise with more chips agains so many players or can shove, if there's a lot of limpers. I don't like to play it slow, but against a very aggressive player or in late stage I can do this some times.

Any way, if in the flop comes a board how I am a bit afraid, probably in disadvantage, i will starting raising always and look to the villains actions, if I am the last in the action I try to don't get involved with a board that I will probably lost.

Some times I was make some wrong actions, but now I'm playing with more attention in what can I do

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I always try to go in with AA. But I do not show aggression myself first. I try to play cunningly and according to the situation)

R

ricardibreezer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to give a clear answer to questions like this because how i play any hand is entirely dependant on a whole number of variants; position, stack size, style if my oppoments, reads i pick up, board texture post-flop, etc.

In tournament play against 1 or 2 short stack opponents i will always slow play. Why? Because even if they make some kind of a hand that beats AA my full stack isn't exposed, secondly, a short stack that flops top pair is probably going to fall right into this trap in tournament play.

Cash games with 100bb back is a different scenario. I usually disguise AA with a standard 3x raise. Often it will fold round which is fustrating - but if i get a call or reraise much depends on my table image at this point. If I've been loose at this table then 4 betting or shoving is probably best & has a shot at getting a call. If I've been tight then 4betting preflop is a dead give away and I'll probably try to pot-build post flop if the board seems fairly dry.

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

Raise or reraise to try and get heads up preflop.Bet agressively heads up postflop and pot control multiway post flop.If a passive player starts checkraising or betting large be very cautious but against an agressive player I will stick with him.

F

Frankie40

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So many good pieces of advice here for playing AA. I know for sure that when i try to get creative and slow play them, it has a tendency to blow up on me. I also have gotten much better at folding them after the flop, turn or river based on what happened pre flop. There was a time in my game where i was totally incapable of laying them down, but as i get better and think more about the action as it happens, i m getting much better at reading things.