How do you play aggressive poker?

N

nicodev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
How have you been playing aggressive poker? What would you recommend to someone who is just starting out in the world of poker? Aggressive or cold style? greetings from argentina

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Depending on which style of play you like best. LAG style is very difficult to play with a good profit. At FR tables, tight-aggressive is considered the best. And in heads-up you need to play aggressively.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!🙋‍♀️
I think there are a lot of aggressive players at the tables and if you play aggressively, it won't end well. 🤷‍♀️
Play more tightly, study your opponents, and no bluff with aggressive players.

I would like to recommend you to study the strategies section at the top of the site:

And also, take a 30-day course:

Good luck!🌺🌺🌺

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
An aggressive style can be beneficial when playing against professionals at high stakes. He has a large share of bluffing. When playing at low stakes, it is much less of a use.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Aggressive play works almost every time in CC games cause there most people for whatever reason arent adventurous at all ...

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on which style of play you like best. LAG style is very difficult to play with a good profit. At FR tables, tight-aggressive is considered the best. And in heads-up you need to play aggressively.
you're right, it depends on the person, as a beginner I played in the cis 6 max turbo or headzaps, and almost never in tournaments
How have you been playing aggressive poker? What would you recommend to someone who is just starting out in the world of poker? Aggressive or cold style? greetings from Argentina

you will understand for yourself which style of play and which kind brings you the greatest profit, it takes a year or two to figure it out

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every time I try to play aggressively I get slapped back to reality, so it dosen't work for me. I prefer to lay in the weeds and slow play big hands.

Reail

Reail

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If we are talking about tournaments, then an aggressive style will not help you here. You won't stay in the tournament for a long time))
And for the competent use of the LAG style in cash, you need the experience of many, many hours of play and analysis.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How have you been playing aggressive poker? What would you recommend to someone who is just starting out in the world of poker? Aggressive or cold style? greetings from Argentina
Anyone just starting should play a tight game until they really understand the game and types of players. Then slowly pick a few there spots to be aggressive.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
aggressive play works with players who are very passive when playing, but you must always know that you must not be too aggressive, you must always have a note of the player to adapt to his game and from there be very exploitative.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing aggressively only and not considering your cards, that will be doom to lose all of your bankroll, in poker, a single style of playing won't win unless your opponent happened to be playing a losing style against you.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think tight aggressive is a way to go. Tight, I mean playing hands that are strong like pocket pairs, and suited connectors. Don't be afraid to bet when you have a strong hand, opponent(s) may have a chance to out draw you on turn or river. With time you'll get your strategy and learn not to scare others away when you know you have opponent(s) beat, and how to trap them to get max value. Good luck, be patient.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you need to think when you need to play aggressively and when you don’t, sometimes it plays into your opponent’s favor, so be careful when choosing such tactics

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
poker is not about playing aggressive or passive. Its about making the best play at any given time vs the player you are against. You need to be able to play many different ways at the table every time you sit down. There is also a fine line on being aggressive and to aggressive.

After the first level look at the chip leaders of a tournament. Write down the names of the top 5 players. Some will have 3 or 4 and even more starting stacks now. Look again at the 1st break. You may see 3 or 4 of these guys are already gone or 1 or 2 have really big stacks. Look at the money bubble and its rare to see one of these players still in. Yes they may have a monster stack as well but many time these fast chip growers are are over aggressive.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for someone who's starting out, playing tight aggresive is easier to master.
after a while you can start adjusting back & forth between loose aggressive or tight aggressive accordingly to each player at the table.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello! 🙋‍♀️
I think there are a lot of aggressive players at the tables and if you play aggressively, it won't end well. 🤷‍♀️
Play more accurately, study your opponents and avoid bluffing with aggressive players.

I would like to recommend that you study the strategies section at the top of the site:

And also, take a 30-day course:

Good luck! 🌺🌺🌺

I agree with you!

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you HAVE to play aggressively . however it depends on the situation and also your position and your hand . in general you want to get as much money as possible from the hand by betting heavily . however if you have hit very big like lets say you flopped quads or something then you should play more passively and let others bet (but if nobody bets you will have to bet at least on the river to get value) .

and you need to be good in reading your opponents . and slow down with the betting and even lay your hand down when you sense that your opponent has hit better than you . even if you have a good hand

i would recommend a tight agressive style

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you are new to poker first of all you should learn the basic! The positions , some ranges , range advantages and so on...!
Play aggressive poker without knowing why and when it would be a disaster for you. And what would it be the plan? Open raise any two and keep cbetting everything? No!

There are situations where you can play a wide range like ICM phases but against thinking opponents. You will understand how to adjust though the playing experience and of course through studying. :)

choche0372

choche0372

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Every time I try to play aggressively I get slapped back to reality, so it dosen't work for me. I prefer to lay in the weeds and slow play big hands.
I also like this style.

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play a little calmer, I think it's safer

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Beginner players are always advised to have a calm, tight, cold style. To play aggressive poker, you must have high skill and experience, otherwise you can lose your entire stack in a matter of minutes.

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When you like your hand - Bet or Raise. When you REALLY like your hand, bet or raise hard. Do not limp.
When you don't like your hand - check or fold. These are passive actions, and you can still be aggressive player when folding a lot.
Avoid limping as much as you can.
That's the key to aggressive play.

Having said that it's okay not to play aggressively all the time. You can limp if you want to trap an opponent on the river or if you want to give a shot at playing a mediocre hand.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tight is best, but you also need research to be aggressive.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello! I play the card, I start 30% of the hands. Here is the secret of success

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have chosen an aggressive style of play for yourself, then you should understand that you will be playing against players with strong hands. And this often leads to big losses. Decisions in the game must be balanced and detailed, because the win will not always be yours.
An experienced player will periodically slowplay strong hands against an aggressive opponent. Noticing this, immediately end the aggression.
Aggressive poker is good enough if you are not already new to the game. But still, the style needs to be changed from time to time, so that it is more difficult for opponents to figure you out in the game.