How do you know when you became a good player?

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By my opinion, the luck is the most important in poker play. You need to use your knowledge but you also need to rely on your instincts and these instincts are developing with experience in poker play. So, you can always think that you are good player and lose if luck is not in your favor that day.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't know, because I am not.

E

EvE2K

The only thing that is really important - is to understand, that you are a bad player, even if you think you good enough, you still must concentrate on your game. I,m sure if you ask Daniel Negreanu, he will say that he is a bad player and he still has something new to learn in poker.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the answer is pretty easy. Go to shark scope and look at your stats. It's a math based game and the numbers don't lie. After a few thousand games, what is your ROI (return on investment)?

umm what happens when sharkscope is wrong?

which in my case is 100% true.

I never deposited in life till jan this year to try out bitcoin on some sites

I withdrew 600 in 2015 and 800 in 2016 off acr

It says I am down 263 something says first game is nov 21 2014

now my first game was jan 2003 on acr since then its folded up sites and got everything messed up by me and now my handle thetick33777 is from doyles room which says ive played since 2005 now ive played pokerhost supposably since about that time so maybe some of the confusion but host is from 2006 lol so

sharkscope is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off on all my stats so is what it is

i did block sharkscope at one point for over year also and that messed up things more

So if you looked at me youd think im a losing player ... yet somehow my total deposit history on wpn is 35 dollars lol so emmm ya great job sharkscope lol

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have won a strong freeroll tournament, do you think this is a reason to think you may have the qualities of a good player? Or is it a matter of luck? How do you know when you became a good player?

You do not realize you just play and you see that every day you go better and you get great results and the losses you have you recognize are your mistakes.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sorry but I disagree, every poker game is full of different types of players, lots of donks, aggressive players, passive and a few good all round players. In freebuys the amount of good all round players is less and the amount of donks is higher. The higher the stakes, the less donks and good players is alot higher. A freebuy win show an element of skill but to be a good all round player you have a long way to go buddy. It takes years of tournament play to be considered a good player, you must be extremely adaptable at all levels of play, each tournament is played differently depending on the situation. Once you regularly make it past the bubble and profit the better the player you are.

T

TheLegend27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good players are people who are profitable and successful in the long run. Winning any Poker tournament requires a -lot- of luck and a fair amount of skill.

You have to ask yourself, while we might qualify people like Phil Ivey, Daniel Negreanu as good at Poker, how come they haven't made the November 9 in recent years? That's the luck part!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Then when he won ten more tournaments. One tournament is solely the luck!

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Win several freeroll tournaments THEN you can call yourself good.

LameDuck208

LameDuck208

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Player

When I see my name in lights!! LoL Usually the proof is in the pudding. When people see me at a table and the first thing they think is "Ah Crap" , I feel like I am making good decisions. I know I am getting better when I am having fun, staying in the plus and can take a punch and get back up. Play smart, stay humble and have fun. :cool:

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you learn to analyze your distributions to see your mistakes and no longer allow them, this will be a good level already. When you realize that you play without errors, adhering to poker math, then you can consider yourself a good player. A victory in a tournament or freeroll is not an indicator

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact, the quality of your game should be reflected on your credit card account or in the office of Neteller or Skrill.
A good player takes out more money than he spends on the game. Note - displays, and not just counts the amount of bankroll in the poker room. ;)

I fully agree with the colleague above, but maybe you have a good game but have to play several games to make a profit

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you know how to beat tilt,when you are good and profitable on long term and when you don't loose your bankroll never ever

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's impossible to never loose your bankroll in poker

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly i think good players naturally do well, yes there will be times when you run bad but good players often do well and have results to show for it

Lemberg

Lemberg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is a game where you have to have luck, skill and courage. If they do you have, then you're a good player.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest if you can make money at poker that's all you need to do and your a good player, but consistency is key

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I ever become one, I will let you know.

D

danielcai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments have so much variance. In my opinion, winning one tournament does not necessarily mean that you are a good player. I think making constant profits over a long period of time proves that you are actually good at poker

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you start to pull in profits over a long stretch of time and roi skyrocket thats how you know you become a good player....

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As time goes on and the flow of victories begins to increase and consequently we can build a considerable bank.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You became a good player when you start cashing out and buying with it the things you cannot buy before.
Even if you win so much and you keep losing it back, you aint that good yet.

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U good player if U takes out money from the game

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts