how do you handle bad streaks

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are depending a lot on luck, it means that you need to improve your game a lot, study and learn to play right in any situation, from then on you will depend much less on luck because you are playing right and making few mistakes, study the same the result.

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hello guys, for 2 months I have been having a very bad streak, and sometimes playing is done more by impulse, but luck is not on my side...
good as you said bad days
and what do I do when I notice that nothing is going right the cards don't match the tops don't hit and on the river I always take that bead. I just go a few days without playing I give myself some time and refresh my mind

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question. I have serious problems with that. I always blaim the game credibility about the unbelieveble bad beats in a row.
Recently, only losses for me. I think I had lost the hand.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Online, bad streaks are the norm.

Offline , I rarely encounter them

KevinRBTV

KevinRBTV

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
hello guys, for 2 months I have been having a very bad streak, and sometimes playing is done more by impulse, but luck is not on my side...
I knew what you mean. For me I have to stop playing or I will make stupid decision more than normaly 🤪

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Such situations happen in poker quite often. At the initial stage, this is very annoying, but then to the decline of the game, as a rule, you are calm. I take a short break, rethink the game and keep playing.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, it happens. There are long down streaks. There is no way to avoid them, you just need to endure

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do I'm handling bad streaks?.. I don't know exactly... Merely continue to play, and wait, when Luck turn on me your Face!..
That's all!

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Are you sure it's bad luck? Are you playing correctly?

Did you analyze the hands?

If yes to both answers it could be a scam, but if it's a bad week, just variance.

lalinha

lalinha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Take it easy, and know when to stop. Many times it ends up getting lost once and tries another and another and another, and the money goes away along with patience and the tendency is to make more mistakes. Create a limit, I stop after losing two, but when the interval between them was a short time, the tendency is to get more anxious and want to grow the bankroll quickly.
It usually works for me.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You must understand that in a game like poker, your failures do not mean that you are not playing well. It just confirms the fact that even the best poker strategy doesn't always work. Poker is a game where everyone can win. The variance of your wins/losses can vary from session to session, despite the fact that you play the same tactics. Unfortunately, any successful month can screw up bad beats, followed by downswings. The psychology of playing poker is such that we tend to remember more negative than positive, until we have reached some heights, that is, we have not disrupted any tournament. Therefore, when you were moved, and specifically, try to remember something good.

A

allfarewells

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Usually I will stop playing for a while if I’m getting nothing but beat up at the tables it’s very easy to get sucked into playing to long and losing your cool best thing to do is take a break… just advice though 🙂 good luck at the tables ❤️

Danaire72

Danaire72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
When I have a bad streak, I prefer to give myself some time, and be able to come with a fresh mind and with more desire to win. You have to turn the page and come with a lot of faith and desire that everything will turn out well, you have to be positive

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to take a break and analyze your game and your mistakes and get back into the game. LOL

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I usually take a brake or ?I just wait calm for the streak to pass :)

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Read books, it will help. "The mental game of poker" is really good one.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I try playing other modes or just take the day.

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Luck stop for everyone..These Apps want to collect money to distribute Christmas prizes

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hope it will turn around and carry on for the better days to come.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
For some reason that I can't explain, the bad moments in poker are much more than the good ones,
despite all this the game never ceases to excite us :)

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to control when I'm in a bad streak, because I play bigger tournaments and lose all my money.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes it happens, such periods happen to every player. However, do not count on luck. It is better for you to focus on yourself, on your skills and experience. This will help you have better results in the long run.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bad straight has lasted about 10 months, not fun anymore. At some point this has to stop - studying and researching previous tournaments.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Either be patient and keep plugging away or walk away from the tables and take a break. If you are getting it in good then you are probably playing fine.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Play less, study more.

There will always be ups and downs in poker.

Personally, to me it makes sense to ‘make hay when the sun shines’ - so I will generally try to put in more volume when running well and less inclined to play when things are going against me.

If we try and force our way through a downswing, it just becomes akin to bashing your head against a brick wall, don’t do this.

Take a break, study, analyse, come back another day with a fresh, clear, positive mind and see how you go. ;)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands