How do you deal with idiot players

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Not going to have a discussion with a keyboard warrior who cannot read a sentence properly. There r idiots and there r COMPLETE idiots like i said. If the whole table is gambling pre flop, ur not going to play poker. The point of playing cash is the post flop strategy. There is a huge difference between quitting and selecting your opponents.

First of all, PokerBen read your sentence perfectly, donkaments. He objected to your advice because that advice was terrible --- not because he misread your (misguided) statement.

Second, preflop gambling doesn't impact the "point" of playing cash. Good players have no problem adjusting their post-flop play to account for the "preflop gamblers" that you espouse avoiding. Instead of avoiding them, I consistently stack them --- but that's why I'm an online pro and you're a clueless fish.

Any time to want to play HU on Bovada, please let me know. Thanks.

-HooDooKoo

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but that's why I'm an online pro and you're a clueless fish.
Stop the Presses!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!

That guy is an online pro!!!!!!

Last edited:
H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop the Presses!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!

You might want to read some of my old posts, as the fact that I'm an online pro isn't news to anyone here that's paying attention.

-HooDooKoo

E

edaf_23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can start off with any hand but remeber you dont have the best hand till the last card falls

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am calm, I will keep reloading, paying attention, getting it in good, and eventually beat the entire table.

However, if I have lost a lot of coolers in a row, I will leave, because I will more than likely be too tilted to have the patience required.

If it is a freeroll or if I am short stacked in a cash game and I am not going to reload, I will just start coin flipping and gambling more.

K

kefir

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am losing my mind and alot of huge pots getting my money in good and getting rivered by riduculously ludicrous hands pocket queens beat by a double gutshot draw kk against Ace rag and the ace always comes on the flop.
I am really ready to just cash the hell out take my money and quit, not only do these any 2 card push and pray jerks suck out 90% of the time they think they play good poker
I am seriously angry right now and seriously fed up.

If you are really upset by that, then poker is not for you. This stuff is an intrinsic part of poker and is exactly that what makes money.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Originally Posted by lol_donkaments
Stop the Presses!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!

You might want to read some of my old posts, as the fact that I'm an online pro isn't news to anyone here that's paying attention.

"Sarcasm is lost on many people, in some cases more than others, because they may be missing part of a complex set of cognitive skills based in specific parts of the brain."
http://www.seattlepi.com

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
concentrate on the positives..... you are getting it in good as a massive favourite and that's what you want to be doing. if they suck out then i know it sucks but just keep getting it in good and all will be alright.
Thank you it was my frustration talking. I appreciate the response, you are, of course totally correct

Largebalance

Largebalance

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HMMMM this sounds like a familiar situation a lot of players go threw but few really figure it out . the answer is one you more then likely not believe . I will be straight out about it and we can see if you can work on it .

Its how and what you do in previous hands and what them players think about you your style and how comfortable they are playing against you .
HMMMM comfortable what would I mean by that? are they able to do and play what they want at the table then they are comfortable and will contend any one on the table when they want too .

Sounds absurd and ridiculous but you know what it the truth and all I can say Is look deeper into your reads and play. what does your play or moves at the table do to the others and how does it make them feel about your play and your style? Oh yea dont ask yourself this ask some one watching you. You just might find out what you think is not what they think .

Ok enough for now look at your play and and see what you may be able to do different to get you a better edge then just shoving every time your ahead or calling on top pair all in and your quite sure what they will do.

All depends on how much you want to put into your game and how far you plan on going.

Have a good Day and my the poker gods be with you
Thank you for your response, I was just frustrated, we all go through periods of bad luck. Look at Gus Hanson, not that I am comparing myself to him.
Thanks again

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i make notes :)

sometimes i berate them, but thats a mistake, i know

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing the way u play cash, they doesn't understant what is tournament chips and their cost, so if they 3 bet u need to have 2 pairs+ , specially when u hold AK-AQ at small board with top pair, or street dro\gut shot's at flop

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This question always revolves around the idea of "Poker Justice", i.e. "I have the best starting hand and should win." Poker Justice by it's nature leads to frustration.

Taylor and Hilger in their excellent book "The Poker Mindset" effectively tackles this problem with what they call the realities of poker. The first two realities are:
1. Poker is a game of both skill and luck.
2. In the short term, luck is king. <-------(so, important to understand).

Cheers!

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This question always revolves around the idea of "Poker Justice", i.e. "I have the best starting hand and should win." Poker Justice by it's nature leads to frustration.

Taylor and Hilger in their excellent book "The Poker Mindset" effectively tackles this problem with what they call the realities of poker. The first two realities are:
1. Poker is a game of both skill and luck.
2. In the short term, LUCK is king.:eek:

Your AA vs 72o is going to lose 1 in 6 times. Just the way it is. Just try to remember that you'll win 5 out of 6 times (approx).

Cheers!

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi LargeBalance. I know the exact feeling, and used to think the same and basically F*** It. Then that was the cause of a swing downward in my chart and playing returns. I met a pro at a tournament about 18 months ago and after a long evening drinking she had experienced the same feelings, so it goes to show that we/ you are not alone. As has been said you have to play through and learn that the math will always see you out in the end. You will win or have +EV. I found that playing in hands/ situations at a higher level these things will occur less, but as others have said and may agree with me it may happen less at higher level but it still happens, (otherwise that would stop us winning money).

GL to you and hope them cards fall your way. :D :D :D

P

pokrshot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens with all of us at some point or the other. We've to think how others feel when they go all-in with AK and we call it with A2 and 2 shows up on the board without A or K. It happens either way. So, if it's a tourney only a strategy can help dealing with these guys who call with any two worst hole cards. And if it's heads-up kinda thing, we've to be deceptive and tricky.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Step 1 - remember you are gambling, every hand can be beaten, and "Schooling" is real.

Step 2 - focus on the decision, not the result

Step 4 - make yourself smile and congratulate the idiot on their win even if you playing are online

Step 4 - Figure out how to exploit their bad play, even if it goes against the commonly accepted "correct" strategy.

FYI - Everyone thinks they are good at poker. Almost no-one really is.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

-HooDooKoo

AND this ^ guy was one of theeee largest raking players on LOCK! Yup... true story (I read it somewhere)

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like a machine gun, a session, a day, a week or any period of time (sometimes a couple of minutes of terror is enough) all hands will go to the villain, no matter what your hole cards are, no matter what cards had the villain, anyway you are going to lose, kings, aces, everything will be crushed, better not to keep playing, and you think maybe the dealer hates hero (no matter if it is a computer) no matter if you are playing several sites, all of them conspire against you, so get frustrated, indecipherable words leave your mouth, get anger, get on tilt, a laptop flies through the window, and then no more poker for a while and hero realises that the variance exists and hits every player any time soon and later too,

what do i do? i read this thread to remind myself that this is part of the game and there is nothing to do but stay calm,

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To begin with, I don't regard them, or think of them, as idiots.

Perspective is everything.